What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: Yaqi 50 Light Weight Head and Custom Handle
Blade: Blade that came with it [1]
First shave with razor and the blade that ships with it.
A full week of stubble and it mowed right through.
Two pass BBS
I didn't like the feel of the handle so I chose one that I like to match it.

yaqi 50.JPG

Last edited:
Tue 6th SE SOTD
Soap L'Occitane Cade 1st Use With thanks to a kind member in another forum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC brass
Blade Shick Proline P-30 1st With thanks to a kind member in a UK forum
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic
Interesting soap. Quite easy to load, very light pleasant scent, kinda airy type but wow...the lather is really slick...
Shave with razor paired with another Proline blade this time from another kind member in the UK forum. Quite good...smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues resulting in a mostly bbs finish. Somehow I still prefer the guarded AC blades. The Stirling Witchhazel as AS is terrific! Rating 9.6/10
20210405_220145.jpg

20210406_064249.jpg

There will be blood 🩸!
Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (1)
Brush:pAA Amber Aerolite
Soap: VITOS Extra Super
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

The shave: 2 WTG and an ATG for face and neck. First shave with an unguarded blade. JK about the blood, just 1 small pinprick on chin that closed up before the post shave routine. Very smooth DFS shave. Wanted to see how the neck did irritation wise on my 2 trouble spots, no issues...looks very promising. Loving the VITOS Extra Super, going to use it for the rest of the week.
Stay safe & have fun.
Tim
AC52DC63-B718-4425-8856-DAC84B27F629.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, April 6th 2021, A.S.R shave today.

Razor: Everready 1914- Mfg 1914-17, one of the best mid range razors that uses a Gem blade, great audio feedback, excellent results with this razor 95%> of the time. Easy razor to work the face + no blade tap overhang.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely and very predictable.
Soap: Razorock Irish country side, excellent soap, mild scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Lucky dice 26 mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + great scrubber + excellent painter and the handle is great for large handed folks.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 chin weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my ER 1914 + coated Gem blade.
SE SOTD, April 6th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Blackland Vector SB
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (2)
Brush: Paladin El Dorado
Soap:VITOS Extra Super
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave

The shave: Cold water shave this morning because I was dragging and needed the invigorating wake up. Face WTG/XTG/ATG, neck 2 WTG passes, great shave.
71932659-0C6E-459C-BAE9-061C9E40863B.jpeg

Top Bottom