What's new

Citrus splash?

I'm very much into seasonal aftershave scents?
What can you suggest for my next warm summer days citrus aftershave splash?

If you can lay your hands on it: Officina Artigiana Milano Stay Traditional - strong grapefruit with a hint of wild strawberries.

This is my bar none absolute favorite soap scent (with performance to match), but the splash isn’t carried by any North American vendors, and overseas vendors can’t ship it stateside due to the alcohol content.

Maggard recently stocked the two Officina Artigiana soaps, and says they may get the matching splashes if the soaps sell well.

So buy those soaps! Both are great, and you’ll be helping me in my quest to get the aftershaves!

My favourites

• Dr Jon’s Savannah Sunrise - Peach, orange and gardenia
• Murphy and McNeil Garda Siochana - Citrus (grapefruit, mandarin and bergamot) and aquatic
• Dr Jon’s Hydra - 6 different types of citrus (grapefruit, orange, lemon, bergamot, lime, mandarin)
• Stirling Coconut Lime
• Barrister and Mann Seville - Barbershop with citrus (lemon and bergamot)

Fine Italian Citrus. Very good scent.

Citrus_General.JPG

Pinaud Citrus Musk is another favorite.

I like the initial scent of this, but the finish gets powdery, which isn’t my cup of tea. However I’m a big fan of Pinaud Lime Sec. Like many citrus scents, it doesn’t stick around long, but that’s not always a bad thing.

I like the initial scent of this, but the finish gets powdery, which isn’t my cup of tea. However I’m a big fan of Pinaud Lime Sec. Like many citrus scents, it doesn’t stick around long, but that’s not always a bad thing.

I'm not fussy about the powdery scent in Clubman, either. A lot of mentions for Fine Citrus which I wanna try but that it's unavailable.

I’m partial to 88 Chestnut (formerly Fourth and Pine) from Declaration Grooming. The scent is citrus, but deeper and less transient. We go to Maui at least once a year, and this is the aftershave I always take with me.

Top Bottom