What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 29th - April 4th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

SOTD : 4th April 2021.

View attachment 1246206

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Edwin Jagger ~ Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.
Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 22r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Duru ~Lemon Cologne Spray.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...The parker 22r / winner stainless was a wonderful smooth efficient duo... I've mentioned in many of my postings that shaving products produced in the subcontinent don't get the credit they rightly deserve the winner stainless is another example that you don't need to spend a fortune on DE blades to get a good shave.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a generous squirts of Duru ~Lemon Cologne Spray.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Easter Sunday ladies & gentlemen.[emoji41]
I agree. I've 7 or 8 Parker's and the 22R was the first one probably around 9 years ago.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOTD : 4th April 2021.

View attachment 1246206

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Edwin Jagger ~ Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.
Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 22r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Duru ~Lemon Cologne Spray.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...The parker 22r / winner stainless was a wonderful smooth efficient duo... I've mentioned in many of my postings that shaving products produced in the subcontinent don't get the credit they rightly deserve the winner stainless is another example that you don't need to spend a fortune on DE blades to get a good shave.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a generous squirts of Duru ~Lemon Cologne Spray.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Easter Sunday ladies & gentlemen.[emoji41]
I agree. I've 7 or 8 Parker's and the 22R was the first one probably around 9 years ago.
Happy Easter

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
Brush: Larry's Synthetic, 28mm
Bowl: Supply White Marble

Cream: Proraso White

Proraso White Aftershave Balm

Happy Easter
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SUNDAY
4 April, 2021

______

Brush: PAA "Atomic Rocket"
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: Stirling "Iced Pineapple"
Razor: Hone "Type 15"*
Blade: Dorco "Prime"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Jean Paul Gaultier "Le Male"
*Always gotten good shaves from this,
but never anything outstanding . . .
until today. The secret? Riding the cap.

Stay healthy, everyone!
Bill

2B5AA0ED-36C4-426B-ABE7-DFF8FEF11854.jpeg

SOTD EASTER SUNDAY MORNING, APRIL 4, 2021

Happy Easter to all my shave brothers and sisters out there! My focus on the new-to-me 200+ year old Ellis & Allan 8/8 stubtail continues. Most stubtails I’ve seen have much smaller blades. The size of this blade is what initially attracted me to it. But I had no idea how great-looking it would turn out under the very capable hands of master restorer and honemeister, Glen Mercurio. I'm definitely getting the hang of this big honkin’ piece of Sheffield cast steel.

My routine three pass mug shave went well, albeit much quieter than the full and extra full hollows with which I’m used to shaving. I felt the need for a very close dome shave, and there’s no better tool in the den than my Barbasol Floating Head. Two slow and careful ATG passes left your very pleased narrator with the velveteen smooth shave surfaces he craves. I feel refreshed, clean, porcelain smooth and ready for a morning at church with the bride.

RAZOR: Ellis &Allan 8/8 Stubtail (Mug), Barbasol FH (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: A&E Shaving Butter
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Razor: Gillette 1955 Red Tip SuperSpeed
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Red Tip Synthetic 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Zaharoff Signature
Aftershave: Extro Cosmesi - Vaniglia (Vanilla)
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX

C350BD78-CD88-4AC4-8934-535E7764B2BB.jpeg

Here’s a Tip...Red!

A great razor (Birth Year 1955) that I keep misplacing. I’ve had this razor for over a year and this was only its second shave. I’ve never used a Personna Lab Blue blade before and it seems to be a natural for my face in this razor. Super smooth BBS. I did nick my outer ear lobe, but I wasn’t even shaving at the time so it doesn’t count.

I haven’t used the Zaharoff soap much. Whenever I take the lid off to smell it, it just seems too powerful for first thing in the morning, when in reality, once you wet it into a lather it becomes very soft and subtle. I made a note of that in my shaving app for future reference.
Another soft and subtle scent is the Extro Vanilla AS I used. Goes well with the Zaharoff soap.

On a lighter note, this tall lofted synthetic from Dscosmetic has a lot of backbone and is great if you like painting your face vigorously by slapping it on back and forth like a beaver tail. Like those old brooms they used to use in curling.
The Red Tip is in great shape!

Sun shave glow.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
PAA Big Shave S’West
Brush
Kent BK 8
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Happy Easter everyone. Have a blessed day.

The Red Tip is in great shape!
Thanks. Totally rehabbed. Replated in platinum. Even the red tip has been repainted. Only it’s second shave since the makeover. I purchased it already done. I’m not into “collecting for display”, I use all my razors, but all I could find at the time of my red tip search were some real sad examples. It was my birth year and quarter, so I treated myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom