What's new

Just Curious, Did Anyone Here Sell It?

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Screenshot_20210401-165042_eBay.jpg

I am relatively new here on B&B, about a year and a half since my first DE shave and I joined shortly thereafter. I stumbled across this on the selling/buying site that many of us visit from time to time. 2010 B&B boar bristle brush with gold flake. I hope it's a good performer but could really care less. Saw an opportunity to buy a piece of forum history and jumped on it. As a side note if anyone still on the forums sold this particular brush, or owns one, I'd be interested to know where it came from and/or the history involved in it. Seems like a cool idea. PMs welcome.

Not me but I would have bought it in a heartbeat. I’m always on the lookout for B&B brushes and I missed this one. Well done!

From the label it looks as if it would have been a 2015 vintage (established 2005 +10). The old B&B logo. Looks like a practically unused boar knot. Pretty nice catch.

View attachment 1245112

I am relatively new here on B&B, about a year and a half since my first DE shave and I joined shortly thereafter. I stumbled across this on the selling/buying site that many of us visit from time to time. 2010 B&B boar bristle brush with gold flake. I hope it's a good performer but could really care less. Saw an opportunity to buy a piece of forum history and jumped on it. As a side note if anyone still on the forums sold this particular brush, or owns one, I'd be interested to know where it came from and/or the history involved in it. Seems like a cool idea. PMs welcome.

This brush was one of a series of B&B LE boar brushes that was put out. This particular brush came out in 2015 and was the last of a series. Here are the rest of the brushes:

1617320352743.png

The brushes were made by Omega and sold by WCS. The first one in the series was the blue one on the far left. I have that one, the Sue one on the far right and the 10th Anniversary one that you have.

You can read about it here:

The boar brushes were made by Omega. The LE badger brushes for the most part were made by Rudy Vey. Unfortunately, none are available except through resales. You can read about the B&B brushes here.

This brush was one of a series of B&B LE boar brushes that was put out. This particular brush came out in 2015 and was the last of a series. Here are the rest of the brushes:

View attachment 1245130

The brushes were made by Omega and sold by WCS. The first one in the series was the blue one on the far left. I have that one, the Sue one on the far right and the 10th Anniversary one that you have.

You can read about it here:

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! :a29:

Does anyone still do B&B brushes? I would love to have a badger one.

That could be interesting. But you have series and synthetic already competing a post or two below yours...

This is one problem we have had here on B&B as well. When a brush project is discussed publicly in the forum, in regards to shape, material and knot, then there is never an outcome. It was tried a few times in the past, but all those projects fizzled away...100 guys, 100 opinions on what is should be. All other brush projects I was involved in, and there were quite a few (incl 3 LE's) were discussed in a small group and then the project was presented to the group. This is the only way it works for a forum brush.
BTW, my TSN M6 is great, 22 knot at 45/46 loft.

Need to talked to the bouncers for approval before anything happens though. Pretty sure it's in the TOS. I moved to have South Dakota Guy chair the LE committee because I don't want a series a synthetic or a boar... Anyone second? lol

That could be interesting. But you have series and synthetic already competing a post or two below yours...

Need to talked to the bouncers for approval before anything happens though. Pretty sure it's in the TOS. I moved to have South Dakota Guy chair the LE committee because I don't want a series a synthetic or a boar... Anyone second? lol
Well this is Badger and Blade, not Boar and Blade or Synthetic and Blade. I do love my Synthetic brushes though so I sympathize with dissenters.

Top Bottom