What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

timeless arrived today👍🏼
DSC_0177.JPG

I decided to do something I have never done before. I just bought a razor in terrible condition for less than $5. This Y2 Super-Speed (1953) was all black. On some places where the nickel was lost there were green patina spots. I had to put much effort to clean it, but I think it was worth it. The mechanism wasn't smooth at all. Midway you could feel it stuck for a fraction of a second and then it went further before tightening. Now it is all smooth. Gaps are even. A fully functional razor.

It looks great, and for $5 it's like a sore dicxxx... you can't beat it!
Sorry so crude, local antique shop guy uses that line whenever you ask how much lol.
Try some 0000 steel wool to buff that baby to a shine and smooth out any rough spots. It's my secret lol.

Isn’t that a Timeless stand as well? If so, that’s very strange.
yes timeless stand too, very strange, my Feather AS D2 fits in it but considering i bought it with the Timeless I'm surprised Maggards just sent it without actually messaging me to say that particular stand doesnt fit that razor and i could have perhaps chosen another stand🤔

yes timeless stand too, very strange, my Feather AS D2 fits in it but considering i bought it with the Timeless I'm surprised Maggards just sent it without actually messaging me to say that particular stand doesnt fit that razor and i could have perhaps chosen another stand🤔
Agreed. They must ship a ton of stuff daily but at least quickly check that it fits before packaging such an expensive razor and stand.

Nice razor, but it is useless if it can’t fit in the stand. Do you own a Dremel or belt sander? 🤪

Agreed. They must ship a ton of stuff daily but at least quickly check that it fits before packaging such an expensive razor and stand.

Nice razor, but it is useless if it can’t fit in the stand. Do you own a Dremel or belt sander? 🤪
i have my AS D2 in the Timeless one and the Timeless in a cheap Aliexpress one that fits, but its still dissapointing😔, I've emailed Maggards to see what they say, they've not replied yet 🤔

Last edited:
i received a reply from Maggards, i may well have ordered a stand that's wrong size, but there are no dimensions on the actual product page, and I'm certain they must have the knowledge of their items to know if I'm buying a razor and a stand that i must be buying the stand for the actual razor that I'm ordering 🤔View attachment 1244535
On the positive side, you don't need a stand for one of the best razors out there. I just shaved this morning with my Timeless .68 and it's just so incredibly smooth.

i received a reply from Maggards, i may well have ordered a stand that's wrong size, but there are no dimensions on the actual product page, and I'm certain they must have the knowledge of their items to know if I'm buying a razor and a stand that i must be buying the stand for the actual razor that I'm ordering 🤔View attachment 1244535
That sucks but your fault but not really. Shipping kills any possible reason to return it.

In any case, you now have an expensive stand for a cheap razor and a cheap stand for your expensive razor. First world problems! 😜

on the order page for the razor it has a check box for a stan
That sucks but your fault but not really. Shipping kills any possible reason to return it.

In any case, you now have an expensive stand for a cheap razor and a cheap stand for your expensive razor. First world problems! 😜
possibly my fault for ordering wrong one, but logic would tell you if your the seller and you see someone ordering a wrong size stand for a particular razor you would message them to see if their sure thats the right stand they want🤔

Nice razor, but it is useless if it can’t fit in the stand. Do you own a Dremel or belt sander? [emoji2957]

Ha ha Belt Sander. [emoji848][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Looks like maggards customer service sucks .

Note to self , don't order from maggards .

Top Bottom