What's new

Hot weather formal fragrances

I am currently deployed to a location which gets REALLY hot in the summer time. I was curious what recommendations y’all may have for a more formal fragrance in this climate (and in general for North Carolina summers).

I have with me:

C&S Oxford and Cambridge
AdP Colonia
Terre de Hermes
Houbigant Fougere Royale
Floris Santal

I had a bottle of C&S No. 88 which I dropped and broke years ago but I felt was a good unique “formal” fragrance and I’d like to get another bottle some day. My recollection is that it’s very heavy for the current climate, though.

I have had the opportunity to purchase many suits and sport coats over here and just placed an order for several linen suits/sport coats for when the true hot weather hits (think 130-140F) and was trying to lean towards something “Riviera”, if that makes sense.

Sir Squidma!
TBCH, hot, humid weather and heavy fragrances aren't that compatible!
I'd suggest something like a cedar or fir.
Think of a cedar or redwood deck patio in a pine forest!
Perhaps your HFR comes closest to this.

In addition to the Creed GIT you mentioned, I would try their Original Vetiver and Millesime Imperial for the high heat.

My suggestions based on what you have would be Penhaligon’s Douro (beautiful and formal, gives its best in Spring/Summer IMO), Penhaligon’s Sartorial which can be used all year round (indoor only).

I have both, in addition to AdP and Terre D’Hermes these are my summer frags. TdH is not formal in my view.

In addition to the Creed GIT you mentioned, I would try their Original Vetiver and Millesime Imperial for the high heat.

Thank you!

My suggestions based on what you have would be Penhaligon’s Douro (beautiful and formal, gives its best in Spring/Summer IMO), Penhaligon’s Sartorial which can be used all year round (indoor only).

I have both, in addition to AdP and Terre D’Hermes these are my summer frags. TdH is not formal in my view.

I have both of these at home and LOVE them! I also have and love English Fern for a daytime fragrance. Wish I could find Racquetts Formula again...sold a bottle a while back and kick myself for doing so.

My favorite formal fragrance
CreedBoisDuPortugalFS.jpg

I have ordered GIT and AdP Colonia Essenza this time around. Working on ordering BDP as well. Grey Vetiver and/or Creed Vetiver to follow. Thank you for the recommendations!

I’ve been intending to order Creed GIT, should fit this bill.

This is why No. 88 is not in the mix.

I gave a list of what I have here to give an idea of some of what I like and the avoid duplication on any potential recommendations. I’ve been loving the O&C over here.

GIT is definitely not hot humid weather friendly. It is best suited to cool rainy spring weather. Keep the Virgin Island Water for the hot humid summer days.

Top Bottom