What's new

I don't like red colored aftershaves.

OK, so I've been wondering what those "hair tonics" are like. So the emerging consensus is they work as AS? Any more info anyone can provide?
The "tonic" part of them is added glycerin. Not a bad thing to be slapping on one's face either. The only hair I've got is under my nose and on my chin, so I was very hesitant to pick up the Eau twins. I'm really glad I did. Neither has any lasting scent power, but they're not greasy for aftershave use and I really like a palm mix of Eau de Portugal with Lime Sec (kind of a 7Up aftershave with some musk hints).

That's great! "Hair tonic" sounds so 19th century, haha. Kind of tempting to get it for the archaism value ;)

Added glycerin, you say? Well that sounds perfect for an AS, just as you said, emwolf!

I have only one red aftershave ..... VITO'S ACQUARELLE .....
IMG_1177.JPG

just a bit of follow up on the Eau de Quinine (and Eau du Portugal as well for that matter). They work remarkably well as an aftershave. I do not have hair on my head, but have a mustache/beard combo (sometimes called a ring beard). The stuff actually does a decent job for grooming those whiskers with a much lighter touch than my traditional waxes and pomades.

Top Bottom