Pre: Warm shower
Brush: TOBS Pure Badger 19mm
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street Sensitive Skin
Razor: Gillette Flair Tip IT (1963)
Blade: Derby Extra Super Stainless
Post: Cold water rinse, witch hazel, Men's Shave Co. Shaving Balm Lotion
AS: Stetson

IMG_20210328_162554__01__01.jpg

It turns out that I was wrong yesterday. The Weishi is not my first TTO, just the first TTO razor that I purchased.

Today, I was helping sorting boxes at my parents house when my mother came across a box of my stuff from grade 2. In amogst various school items was a old Gillette razor wrapped in a handkerchief. Memories suddenly came back to me of when I was 6 or 7 and we would visit my father's parents. I was fascinated by my grandfather's razor and would play with it while the adults were talking. One time Pop caught me pretending to shave with it and he burst out laughing. He helped clean the foam off my face and asked me not to play with the razor anymore. He said it would be our secret.

The next time we visited, Pop took me aside and handed my his razor wrapped in a handkerchief. He told me that he did not use it anymore, and that I should keep it safe for when I was older and could use it properly. So, into a shoebox it went and I completely forgot about it until this morning.

After we were finished going through boxes, I went home and spent 10-20 minutes thoroughly cleaning the razor. I really didn't need to, it was in great condition, but better safe than sorry. I had completely forgotten about the my grandfather's razor, but years later I got into wet shaving, originally to save money on cartridges.

It is funny how life works sometimes.

SOTD
Sunday March 28​

Pre: Warm shower
Brush: TOBS Pure Badger 19mm
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street Sensitive Skin
Razor: Gillette Flair Tip IT (1963)
Blade: Derby Extra Super Stainless
Post: Cold water rinse, witch hazel, Men's Shave Co. Shaving Balm Lotion
AS: Stetson

View attachment 1243258

It turns out that I was wrong yesterday. The Weishi is not my first TTO, just the first TTO razor that I purchased.

Today, I was helping sorting boxes at my parents house when my mother came across a box of my stuff from grade 2. In amogst various school items was a old Gillette razor wrapped in a handkerchief. Memories suddenly came back to me of when I was 6 or 7 and we would visit my father's parents. I was fascinated by my grandfather's razor and would play with it while the adults were talking. One time Pop caught me pretending to shave with it and he burst out laughing. He helped clean the foam off my face and asked me not to play with the razor anymore. He said it would be our secret.

The next time we visited, Pop took me aside and handed my his razor wrapped in a handkerchief. He told me that he did not use it anymore, and that I should keep it safe for when I was older and could use it properly. So, into a shoebox it went and I completely forgot about it until this morning.

After we were finished going through boxes, I went home and spent 10-20 minutes thoroughly cleaning the razor. I really didn't need to, it was in great condition, but better safe than sorry. I had completely forgotten about the my grandfather's razor, but years later I got into wet shaving, originally to save money on cartridges.

It is funny how life works sometimes.
Wonderful anecdote. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Sunday's Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8" Full Hollow Spanish Point w/ Olivewood​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele - 24mm Mother Load​
Soap: Pre de Provence - Bergamot & Thyme w/ Shea Butter​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Pre de Provence - Bergamot & Thyme After Shave Balm w/ Shea Butter​

proxy.php

soap: mystic water
after shave: avon leather
razor: karve sb c plate
handle: custom handle I picked up on the bay a month back 98 grams 15mm wide 98mm long
Blade: 7 o'clock Green
I knew I was drawn to this handle for a reason, it paired so well with the karve, popping a feather blade in this combo will be fun.
first time using the rasiertopf in scuttle mode, warm lather was quite nice

4.jpg

Rating: 10/10 Fantastic shave!
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale Slant “FOCS”
Blade: Lord Silver Star Super Stainless Steel (4)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Empress - EVO Deluxe” with 26mm High Mountain White (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Lather: Noble Otter Rawr
Post-shave:
• Omega Alum Stick
• Noble Otter Rawr Aftershave Splash
• Barrister and Mann Unscented Aftershave Balm

1DF0EBBC-2BB9-4B46-954A-2038C0C6E821.jpeg

Razor: Ever-Ready SE, Pat.1912
Blade:personna GEM (1)
Brush: WSP Boar 21mm
Bowl: Fine lather bowl

Soap: Kell's Original Ultra Aloe Blend, AMBER

Post: Dickinson's Witch Hazel with peppermint and tea tree oils added,
LAYRITE No.9 Bay Rum aftershave splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, March29th, 2021

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Generation- Mfg 1950-52,2nd Gen 53-54(different top cap), excellent <mid range, carefree shave, nice feel when shaving.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent, excellent lather qualities, nice post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm, excellent lather creator, soft cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my 1st Gen Gem Featherweight + a coated Gem.

MMMonday, March 29th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom