What's new

Your Regrettable Purchases?

B&M hallows surprisingly I like other b&m soaps though. That's the only thing I hate I do have plenty of brushes I don't use or like as well.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
The Veg, Lime Sec and Osage Rub. Sorry, Pinaud, but they smell so damned cheap, at least to these nostrils.

Also, a dinky little stainless steel "Chairman" bowl from Vikings Blade. Too small to be of any use at all unless you're using a Wee Scot brush.

Timeless .95 razor. Too bulky.
Feather A2D2 razor and blades. An implement of torture.
Omega boar brush. The big one. Hated it. I have other boar brushes I like.
CBL Tonsorial soaps. Terrible scents and performance.
RazoRock XXX soap. Worst scent ever.
ymmv

Wickham soaps -
My first international shaving soap (pre loved), they are the crappiest soaps that I own, always giving me the runny lather, no protection.
I cannot bring myself to give these soaps to someone else.

I love Wickham soaps! It took me a while to get the kind of lather I wanted. For me the secret is to keep working the lather on my face until I get the thickness and consistency that I like. If you ever decide to get rid of them I will take them off of your hands.

I love Wickham soaps! It took me a while to get the kind of lather I wanted. For me the secret is to keep working the lather on my face until I get the thickness and consistency that I like. If you ever decide to get rid of them I will take them off of your hands.

I might have not put honest enough efforts with understanding these soaps.

As with majority of disappointment with products, it may be a case of user error (my lack of technique), I'll give them another chance.

I'd have gladly sent you these soaps, alas I'm situated in India.
Postage will neutralize any savings.

On the other hand, I'd be happy to send you stuff from here if you find anything to your liking.

Ps: I agree with your "Signature"

I might have not put honest enough efforts with understanding these soaps.

As with majority of disappointment with products, it may be a case of user error (my lack of technique), I'll give them another chance.

I'd have gladly sent you these soaps, alas I'm situated in India.
Postage will neutralize any savings.

On the other hand, I'd be happy to send you stuff from here if you find anything to your liking.

Ps: I agree with your "Signature"
You should give them another try. I have two Wickham 1912 soaps and I typically bowl or scuttle lather my soaps and I have a little trouble getting the thick lather I want in the bowl. After working it in the bowl I put it on my face and probably work it another 3 minutes plus or minus some. The lather will thicken on your face as you work it. In the mean time the lather is also softening your stubble so it is a win win. You will want to use a soft brush so as not to irritate your face. I love the post shave feel of Wickham, they have lots of good skin food in them..

Slant razors. ALL synthetic, badger and boar brushes I bought before, and after, finding the Semogue 610 And Semogue 2040HD.
Probably about 25 - 30 brushes in total over the course of my wet shaving experience.

And B&M Eigengrau, and Rex Envoy sad to say.

Gillette Sensor & Gillette Mach 3 .
And all of their replacement cartridges,
for those terrible 20 years of shaving
with them.

Noxzema canned lather .
Tried almost all the varieties ,
for almost 20 years.
Junk .

Bolzano blades.
Seriously ,these are not made
for shaving human skin.
Can’t be so .Maybe they are
purposed for veterinary use only.

Omega 146751 Hi -Brush .
A joke of a synthetic shaving brush.

Quite a few of tallow based soaps,
that their heavy scent profile was
still unable to cover the often
nauseous smell of rancid animal fat.

Proraso shaving soap.
Worst Italian shaving soap ever!
But I guess you get what you pay for
( here in Greece it costs about 3€ per jar ) .

Antica Barbieria Colla shaving cream.

I love almonds. I roast my own almonds. I know exactly what fresh almonds smell like.

I also know what really stale almonds, whose oils have gone off, smell like. They smell like this shaving cream.

Most of the blades I have tried. I once ordered 100 Astra blades since the price difference between 5 and 100 was less than 2x, but every cent spent was too much. Same goes for the majority of blade sampler blades, but I wouldn't have found those serviceable otherwise I guess.

Ikon X3 slant. My first and last ever slant razor, really harsh and uncomfortable to use.

Likewise on the X3, I think the only slant I've used that I actually REALLY like is the Razorock Wunderbar, with the Fatip Slant being pretty decent, but yeah the Ikon X3 I remember being "ok" at first then veering off towards turd city

The Blackland Dart was a regrettable purchase. Looks awesome, super efficient, superbly made and a complete pain in the arse to use...

Same here, it's everything you said. I think for me the head is a bit bulkier than I can deal with, as I nicked a bit of skin of the side of my nostril with it

B&M hallows surprisingly I like other b&m soaps though.

Yup, ditto. Hallows no joke has a hint of dog crap or something unpleasant in it to my nose, Baudelaire smells to me more like what Hallows should've been as it's a scent that seems more "fall appropriate" without smelling low key kinda gross, not to mention a similar smokey almost incense smell to what Baudelaire has would suit the cartoony depiction on Hallows label

2 sticks of Arko from Maggard's to get free shipping.

Scalpmaster soap. The only soap I've ever pitched. Lightfoot's is almost as bad.

Dovo Shavette. It's a good product, but I'm not getting good shaving with it.

AoS $30 "Essentials Kit". The software was fine, but that tiny terror of a travel brush was abominably scritchy.
At its current Marshall's price of $7, it's worth it for the software.

Any Pure Badger made in this century. The old EverReady PBTs are great.

Top Bottom