What's new

In Praise of "Beach" Scents

Perhaps it's the time of year here in the northern hemisphere, but I've been truly enjoying my "beach" aftershaves. They bear a resemblance to the "aquatics," but with an added tone of suntan lotion, seaweed, hot dog stands, etc. My three aftershaves in this category are "The Beach," from PAA, "Shore," from Declaration, and "Okuma," from Maol. Anyone else in a beach groove? What are some other aftershaves in this category I need to try?

lots of choices! bay rum, menthols, mints, limes, aquatics.
you'll just have to continue to play the field and find what works best for you!

beach aftershaves.jpg

Perhaps it's the time of year here in the northern hemisphere, but I've been truly enjoying my "beach" aftershaves. They bear a resemblance to the "aquatics," but with an added tone of suntan lotion, seaweed, hot dog stands, etc. My three aftershaves in this category are "The Beach," from PAA, "Shore," from Declaration, and "Okuma," from Maol. Anyone else in a beach groove? What are some other aftershaves in this category I need to try?

Is ‘Shore’ still being produced by DG? It’s a great scent and seems to have not been mentioned often in these forums. I use the shave soap and it’s excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is ‘Shore’ still being produced by DG? It’s a great scent and seems to have not been mentioned often in these forums. I use the shave soap and it’s excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he’s still making Shore. I enjoy it a great deal.

Florida Water is my summer go to. This year it is the 2 Girls version from Hong Kong. Love it!

I love Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove. You get that salty ocean air, plus some fruity and floral notes. It smells like a beach in Hawaii.

I was curious if @pbrmhl or anybody else who has used both could tell me how similar PAA The Beach and DG The Shore soap and / or aftershave are to each other? The description of both are basically Kramer’s idea for a fragrance that smells like the beach.

I haven’t smelled the Shore. I have a sample of The Beach aftershave / cologne and used it the other day. Both my wife and I loved the scent but found it too strong, it gave us both a headache. I have used many other PAA aftershave / colognes and have only found Sangre de Drago and The Beach to be too strong. Thanks

Barrister and mann oceana. I can finally kill the tiny little spec of latha oceana I’ve saved for years as I have the rerelease en rout. Pumped.

I was curious if @pbrmhl or anybody else who has used both could tell me how similar PAA The Beach and DG The Shore soap and / or aftershave are to each other? The description of both are basically Kramer’s idea for a fragrance that smells like the beach.

I haven’t smelled the Shore. I have a sample of The Beach aftershave / cologne and used it the other day. Both my wife and I loved the scent but found it too strong, it gave us both a headache. I have used many other PAA aftershave / colognes and have only found Sangre de Drago and The Beach to be too strong. Thanks

I agree that The Beach and Sangre de Drago are the two loudest scents from PAA, at least in my den. To my nose, Shore is much milder, lacks the suntan lotion vibe, and is very different from The Beach. I find it very pleasant, though it doesn’t shout “beach” like The Beach.

I agree that The Beach and Sangre de Drago are the two loudest scents from PAA, at least in my den. To my nose, Shore is much milder, lacks the suntan lotion vibe, and is very different from The Beach. I find it very pleasant, though it doesn’t shout “beach” like The Beach.

Thanks, that’s very helpful 👍

disagree...the loudest scent from PAA has to be the black label. i had to wash it off after a few minutes because it was too overpowering and headache inducing.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Barrister and mann oceana. I can finally kill the tiny little spec of latha oceana I’ve saved for years as I have the rerelease en rout. Pumped.

This arrived at my house today. I love it! My wife sniffed the puck and she loved it too! Will be using it Monday morning.

Last edited:
disagree...the loudest scent from PAA has to be the black label. i had to wash it off after a few minutes because it was too overpowering and headache inducing.

It’s so funny how YMMV scents are. I said earlier how Sangre de Drago and The Beach were so strong / loud, my wife and I got headaches and I had to wash of Sangre de Drago within minutes. I have the Doppelgänger Black soap, aftershave / cologne and EDP and both the wife and I love it and find it a good strength. I have a sample of Sauvage EDP and find that crazy strong but Doppelgänger Black is a good scent strength for us 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom