What's new

What was your carry today?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I have an E12. Love it.
I carry it with my Case Trapper.
I will soon post photos.
I have swapped out my Bose earbuds or a pair of Jaybird Vistas. I prefer them to the Bose.

proxy.php

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Lately it's been one of my JP Sauer 38hs in an Alien Gear IWB. This one was made in 1942 but had a relatively short service life. It came from the estate of a GI serving in North Africa and Italy and since there are no import markings was likely a captured trophy sometime during 1944 or 1945.

42-800.jpg

And the Waffenamt.

Sept-1942-Waffenamt.jpg

The gun show the later rough wartime finish with lots of machine markings and none of the high polish bluing JP Sauer was famous for. It's an internal hammer DA/SA with a decocker similar to what is found on the classic Sig Sauer P series but unique in the fact that it is two way. Swipe when in SA mode and it decocks or swipe when decocked and it pits the gun is SA mode.

Like the Walther PP and PPK it also has a manual safety and the button style magazine release but the safety on the 38h is swipe down for fire mode while on the PP/PPK it is swipe up. It's chambered in the 7.65/38acp cartridge and holds 8 + 1 rounds.

Last edited:

martym

Do you carry an extra mag for the Elsie Pea Marty? Does it have the extension also?

I do carry an extra mag but not a plus 1.
I forgot all about the extra mag when taking the photo. I carry it in the watch pocket of my jeans or jean shorts.

2 is 1 and 1 is none.
Same with flashlights and pocket knives.

I do practice combat reloading from the watch pocket while at the range and also with empty weapon and mags at home.

I just do my best to keep practicing so that should that day ever come that I must use my weapon I am proficient with my reloading skills and will hopefully perform it automatically when I run dry or when there is a “break” and it may behoove me to be topped off.

martym

When we go out for a long day as a family I carry a small tactical over 1 shoulder tactical bag. When I go to the ranch for the weekend or we go on a trip I put my things in a Maxpedition Jumbo versipack.
When just going to the store or movie I just put my things in my pocket.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I do carry an extra mag but not a plus 1.
I forgot all about the extra mag when taking the photo. I carry it in the watch pocket of my jeans or jean shorts.

2 is 1 and 1 is none.
Same with flashlights and pocket knives.

I do practice combat reloading from the watch pocket while at the range and also with empty weapon and mags at home.

I just do my best to keep practicing so that should that day ever come that I must use my weapon I am proficient with my reloading skills and will hopefully perform it automatically when I run dry or when there is a “break” and it may behoove me to be topped off.

Are you a righty or lefty?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I am a lefty.
That’s why my watch pocket works great!
And that is what my wife calls my tactical bags.
But she’s brutal.
And she says it in both English and Spanish.
No mercy.

I was wondering, because I'm a righty and still put the magazine in that lil' pocket on the right side when I am carrying the wife's LCP II. It still goes pretty quick reaching with my left over to the right pocket, So yeah, it's got to be even faster since you are a lefty.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Of all the LCP sized 380s I find the LCP barely gets up to the bottom. In that size and style I have the LCP, two Remington RM380s, the Beretta Pico, S&W Military & Police Bodyguard 380 and the Sig Sauer P290RS (in both Kurz and Parabellum). Of those the S&W and Remingtons get carried the most, are the most accurate or among the most accurate and absolutely totally reliable. The Pico is the slimmest and easiest to conceal and the Sig the most comfortable to shoot.

All of the have second strike capability except of course for the LCP.

Smith Bodyguard Airweight in a Safariland Bullitt holster. Occasionally, but not today, a Smith semi-auto Bodyguard in a generic pocket holster.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Small world. S&W Bodyguard Airweight with Barami Hip Grips.

Yesterday, Kahr PM9 in a CompTac MTAC IWB holster

martym

I carried my usual EDC but since we were just driving home from South Padre Island I had it in a tactical bag.
It’s a short enough drive that there are no stops; just point A to point B.

Top Bottom