What's new

Powder type aftershaves

Comes in bath size too

20180427080620-9a008cca.jpg

Johnson's baby powder.
Imperial Leather Talcum powder (still actually talc, feels very nice)
Clubman "Talc" (from what I have found it is all corn starch these days)

Or as others have said, hard to beat Pinaud Clubman (the original AS or what ever) it is good stuff

I gotta agree with others here that the original Pinaud Clubman is the most quintessential powdery scent. I also recommend Floid, too. I don’t know if anyone here has mentioned Avon Wild Country, but that definitely has a powdery finish. I saw someone here mention Skin Bracer, and although I never used to think of it as powdery, it does have kind of a powdery vanilla kind of thing going on in the background. I also dig the powdery scents, let me know what y’all find!

Lustray Blue Spice. "Fresh" powder, but powder is pretty much all there is.

I tried the Lustray regular Spice scent. I did not like it at all apart from it barely having any staying power it gave me a headache not good. The Vi-Jon/Blue Cross Labs cheap dollar after shaves are much better in both staying power and closer to Shulton Old Spice.

We need to call in @malocchio on this case. He turned me on to Vitos After Shaving some years ago. I think they may now market the After Shaving variety as Amber, but I'm not sure. The After Shaving 400ml bottles are now almost impossible to find.
So I got my delivery from G&C today @Owen Bawn @malocchio
Sold as Tobacco I received Aftershaving with a new design.
429FF53A-81F6-4CBA-9BCB-4CF6BC16BED0.jpeg

First sniff was super powdery with maybe a tiny bit of tobacco toscano and no noticeable menthol - even though labeled as „rinfrescante“. I’ll give it a go tomorrow together with the tobacco shaving cream.

I tried the Lustray regular Spice scent. I did not like it at all apart from it barely having any staying power it gave me a headache not good. The Vi-Jon/Blue Cross Labs cheap dollar after shaves are much better in both staying power and closer to Shulton Old Spice.

Their regular Spice is merely a clove scented aftershave. Little more than that tbh. Nothing to write home about. However I maintain that Blue Spice is worth trying if you're interested in an unconventional powdery aftershave.

Pinaud Eau de Quinine. The label calls it a “compound hair tonic” but it works well as an aftershave and has a sweet powdery scent.
8E6D000A-9A51-4218-945A-717E6097378D.png

Top Bottom