What's new

Looking forward to my new ATT Windsor Pro razor

Not that I needed another razor but I wanted to try the ATT new Windsor Pro Calypso aluminum DE razor. I like using high quality aluminum razors. They are light and sturdy.
This particular model, the SB90 is supposed to have a bit more blade exposure. I like that sometimes. It depends on what mood I’m in. Some days I prefer a mild razor and some days I like the feel of the blade scraping my face.
Has anyone else tried this razor yet? I’m sure looking forward to getting it.
BTW, it's on sale right now for only $54. instead of $72. Great deal I think.

Windsor_Pro.jpg

Not that I needed another razor but I wanted to try the ATT new Windsor Pro Calypso aluminum DE razor. I like using high quality aluminum razors. They are light and sturdy.
This particular model, the SB90 is supposed to have a bit more blade exposure. I like that sometimes. It depends on what mood I’m in. Some days I prefer a mild razor and some days I like the feel of the blade scraping my face.

I really like this razor in SS. It felt very mild to me and I had a hard time believing how efficient it was even though I could see and touch the results.

I enjoyed reading all these comments. I like this part of what @nav said:

The Windsor Pro AL, also having the 0.90mm blade gap, is also an efficient razor but requires a technique adjustment given the 40g weight of the razor. The blade reveal is 1.75mm so this model has a somewhat higher-end blade feel. This is for those that enjoy feeling the edge of the blade doing its job.

I do enjoy feeling the blade scrape across my face. After reading all this, I really can't wait to get it.

The stainless version is an excellent razor. :)

My suggestion is to also grab one of the CR1 and/or CH1 copper baseplates, while you can. Might have to check the returns to get one.
Good idea...was.considering the ssr1 but maybe the cr1 will be a good option to add on a plate....have too many razors with H type plates and dont use if daily shaving...unless you tell me the ch1 is just fabulous....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Good idea...was.considering the ssr1 but maybe the cr1 will be a good option to add on a plate....have too many razors with H type plates and dont use if daily shaving...unless you tell me the ch1 is just fabulous....

The CH1 is a great plate, but so is the CR1. In my opinion, unless you like 'bruisers', the CR1 should be efficient enough and will give you a nice Daily Driver option.

YMMV :cool:

Great looking razor! Let us know how it works out (PLEASE)!

I will but as I mentioned earlier, somedays I like the feel of an aggressive razor and other days I prefer a milder touch from the blade. Just yesterday I used my Ever-Ready 1914 which could be the most aggressive razor ever made and I enjoyed it. But I can also enjoy my ATT G1 razor also which is very mild.
That's what's nice about this hobby, you can really mix things up.

View attachment 1239746
It is light and sturdy. I used it couple times with a persona blade. Very efficient with a more pronounced blade feedback (feel & sound) than the windsor pro SS.

The CH1 is a great plate, but so is the CR1. In my opinion, unless you like 'bruisers', the CR1 should be efficient enough and will give you a nice Daily Driver option.

YMMV :cool:
Ordered the CR1from copper returns...was additional 15% off and came to $35. I assume the CH1would be close to the original SB90 plate I got with the windsor pro...which I like a lot...so skipped it for now.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Ordered the CR1from copper returns...was additional 15% off and came to $35. I assume the CH1would be close to the original SB90 plate I got with the windsor pro...which I like a lot...so skipped it for now.

Looking forward to your impressions of the CR1. :)

Top Bottom