What's new

My Guess... 3017

I started my Cella journey with 152gr. My earlier scale reading was 130gr. Today scaling shows that Cella is 119gr. I confess I used 2-3 times other creams/soaps. I expect to finish it around June. Sticking to one product, increase your skills on that specific product and after a certain time, you start to use in full performence. At this stage you do not push any more to finish it but instead you start to fill use more longer and enjoy from this product. This feeling helps you to finish the product faster :001_rolle.

Cella journey carrying on. Todays scaling shows me 112 gr left. Semogue Torga Mistura C5 (a real soap eater) contributed a lot to this consumption :a14: .

cella112.jpeg
c5torga.jpeg

I’m coming toward the end of the tub of TOBS cream. I can see the bottom of the jar through the remaining cream. There’s still a fair amount along the sides, but it won’t be long now.

Since I’m so close, time to select the next soap. Please help me choose from:

1. Vintage Wrisley
2. Trumper Violet
3. QED Rosie (stick)

I have a back up Wrisley, it’s my last Trumper puck but will only be buying Trumper creams in the future, and the QED is unobtainium, but it’s not the kind of soap to worry about using up.

Since I’m so close, time to select the next soap. Please help me choose from:

1. Vintage Wrisley
2. Trumper Violet
3. QED Rosie (stick)

I have a back up Wrisley, it’s my last Trumper puck but will only be buying Trumper creams in the future, and the QED is unobtainium, but it’s not the kind of soap to worry about using up.

At first blush I thought Wrisley, but, you mentioned Trumpers Violet as an option. That is such a special cream, one of my favorites. Its been a heckuva year. Treat yourself! I vote for GFT Violet.

Not long ago I hit bottom of Haslinger and the ring of doom was expanding quickly. I anticipated several more weeks, but, I once again miscalculated. I had grated Haslinger into a 5 inch diameter container. The grated puck wore fairly evenly so once the ring of doom appeared their was much less left on the sides than I expected. Its going quickly now and I've had to remold the soap in the container a couple times. Its well hydrated and more cream like than hard puck. I'm not going to even try and guess how much longer I have, but I don't think it will be long.

I'm calling it quits on the Turtleship Patchouli. The shaves have been good but I don't think Patchouli is a shave scent for me and furthermore it's soooo strong.

This has led me to disliking my shaves more each day. Today I smelled the brush I've used the last couple shaves and immediately returned the soap to the closet. It will find it's way to BST or a PIF in the future.

Scent is so subjective so I feel bad not giving it a fair shake but if I'm not enjoying the shaves what's the point.

I've taken out a C&E Lavender to use next. I have no idea of when it was produced but the scent is fantastic (especially in comparison) and I remember the test lather looking good a while ago. Hopefully I can get throught this one.

I'm calling it quits on the Turtleship Patchouli. The shaves have been good but I don't think Patchouli is a shave scent for me and furthermore it's soooo strong.

This has led me to disliking my shaves more each day. Today I smelled the brush I've used the last couple shaves and immediately returned the soap to the closet. It will find it's way to BST or a PIF in the future.

Scent is so subjective so I feel bad not giving it a fair shake but if I'm not enjoying the shaves what's the point.

I've taken out a C&E Lavender to use next. I have no idea of when it was produced but the scent is fantastic (especially in comparison) and I remember the test lather looking good a while ago. Hopefully I can get throught this one.

Sounds like a great pivot. Life is too short to suffer through a soap that isn't for you. Carry on!

linty1

My wallet cries.
I'll admit to having just read the first post of this thread, and this last page, but I've been using my boar soc with the nice backbone in an effort to load a bit more soap everytime I shave, theres just so many scent out there to try. Somebody mentioned the Chubby 2 is a good wearer downer of soap? I shall try that. My current is a tub of Stirling black cherry and after that I really want to try the mwf, it sorta got pushed to the back of the closet.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I'll admit to having just read the first post of this thread, and this last page, but I've been using my boar soc with the nice backbone in an effort to load a bit more soap everytime I shave, theres just so many scent out there to try. Somebody mentioned the Chubby 2 is a good wearer downer of soap? I shall try that. My current is a tub of Stirling black cherry and after that I really want to try the mwf, it sorta got pushed to the back of the closet.
What's the Stirling Black Cherry like, as a scent it appeals to.me, but I wonder if it would be too sweet smelling?

Top Bottom