Blade: PolSilver (1)
Brush: 26mm Timberwolf
Bowl: Timeless
Soap & A/S: Stirling Executive Man
Have a great day y’all!
5E881A82-64B4-4ABB-B49E-B7829EBB914E.jpeg

EEEBADEC-4131-44FA-8631-30A5906AC309.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, MARCH 21, 2021

I have a relatively small straight razor collection compared to some of my friends which consists primarily of vintage straights. Until yesterday I owned one modern artisan straight, a Rigarazor 15/16. As a long time custom knife collector I’ve been a fan of pattern-welded Damascus and Wootz steel blades, and when I started hanging out on some of the FB straight razor sites I began to notice the work of Victor Creazzi. What particularly caught my eye was the manner in which he built his “Fancy” razors with a monosteel edge welded to the Damascus billets he builds from scratch. My son, who has his own forge, and hopes to become a full-time bladesmith when he retires in 15 years, tells me that building a razor in the manner of Mr. Creazzi’s self developed SanMai method is not a trivial undertaking and reflects true razorsmithing mastery! I concur! Being retired since 2012 and on a fixed income I have lusted after one of Victor’s blades, a razor he named “Bone Mosaic”.

As the months passed, I began to accumulate the funds for my down payment, all the time hoping it wouldn’t sell. Since retiring I have joined the faculty of a small business college in Philly. After agreeing to teach a recent senior seminar, I knew I would be able finally acquire my dream razor which was still available. I contacted Victor, explained my situation, and he graciously agreed to accept payment in two parts. The razor arrived a few days early from Colorado yesterday. I will admit, I’ve handled quite a few pattern-welded Damascus knife blades over the years, but never a razor crafted so exquisitely! The attention to detail and the absolute perfection of the edge which I examined under a USB microscope blew me away! But the shave was in a class by itself. Victor’s razors apparently have a reputation for singing, and it’s well-deserved. “Bone Mosaic” belted out the ‘Buttering Toast’ refrain through each of the three passes leaving me with the kind of mug shave I’ll keep touching throughout the day.

As it turned out, the entire shave turned out to be epic, as @Keithmax of TSD is wont to say when referencing a memorable shave. My new MrEE (@MrEE) blue aluminum handled brush fitted with a SynBad knot performed brilliantly with my regular MWF. It’s my third brush from Evan all of which are great performers. The dome shave featured my Barbasol Floating Head safety razor which dates to the third decade of the 20th century. These 90 some odd year old safety razors have developed a reputation for extreme shaving efficiency; one that’s well deserved and should be respected. When I first acquired the razor a few years ago I learned early on that if my attention wandered, she’d bite like a jealous woman! Having been properly schooled by Madame Barbasol, I paid her the attention she desires, and was rewarded me with a two pass ATG porcelain smooth result that was in keeping with the fantastic mug shave that preceded it. I feel refreshed, clean, and oh-so-smooth!

RAZOR: Bone Mosaic 7/8 (Mug), Barbasol Floating Head (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Blue Anodized Aluminum LE #5 fitted with a SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub and Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Saturday shave

6B427F8F-62D5-4724-8773-527BFF9223A7.jpeg

Prep: Cleansing Story White Clay foam
Soap: Williams
Brush: Simpson A1 Astor in Best
Razor: RazoRock Mamba on steel halo handle, #5
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum, #2

A really good shave tonight. Two passes, plus neck touch-ups for an all-around DFS. A bit of feedback from the alum because I was determined to clean up the trouble patch on my lower neck. That I could do so and still have a comfortable shave is testament to some great lather from the Williams, the rigid design of the Mamba, and a sharp blade with the 7 O'clock. Even though it's in the picture (and was intended), I ended up not using the VIBR as I was in a rush after my shower and forgot about it and the hyaluronic acid. No issues and I didn't even realize it until several hours later.

20210321_123623-01.jpeg

SOTD (080/2021)
21-03-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: WCS Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Executive Man ~ Executive Man
Razor: Merkur 15c
Blade: KAI (5)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap AS.

After yesterday's ultra close shave with the R41 GS in all honesty I did not need a shave today. But I still wanted to shave so I opted for a mild razor but a sharp blade. After two nice passes I settled with dfs and a calm skin.

Have a relaxed and sunny Sunday, gents!

Last edited:
Greating from Ankara / Turkey!
The first photo I posted in the B&B.
As a general expression after the shaving in Turkey: "Sıhhatler olsun" : Good health to you.

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Two Band 24 mm
Soap: Arko Barber Soap
Aftershave: Abtira Garden -- Blue Cypress After Shave Elixir - Alcohol and Menthol Free
Aftershave Balm: Abtira Garden - Blue Moon Smooting Balm
Blade: Perma Sharp

Welcome to B&B

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Colonia Mediterranea
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS London Bridge (1)
Scent:TOBS Eton College

Very nice classic cologne scent from the CRSW Glide soap. As usual, the lather was very slick. A very light touch is required with the London Bridge/Wilkie vintage blade; the rewards being a very close and comfortable shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave- March 21st 2021

Razor: Schick J1 type injector-MFG 1957-64, milder mid range, easy to move around the face, easy under the nose to shave.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE blade(3) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity & smooths out nicely.
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" ,nice scent, excellent lather qualities. Price per once is good when bought on sale.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm- excellent brush for generating lather in any type of soap, heavenly cloud like soft tips, good back bone for a scrub and great lather painter. It looks like a floppy type of brush but it has real good back bone, excellent made brush IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The dead sea with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weeper = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick injector J1 type with a Personna blade.

Sunday Schick shave Mar 21st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom