What's new

Avon and Covid....

The worst part of all of this is I can't find Looney Tunes to watch for a good laugh!
I’m sorry to see that you are positive. Homemade Chicken Souo will make it better.

I’m hearing that the Cancel Culture wants all the Looney Tunes and Merry Melody cartoons removed from TV, YouTube and anywhere else that they might be available. Seems that they are offended by them.

All I have to say to them is “Toughen up Buttercup.”

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m sorry to see that you are positive. Homemade Chicken Souo will make it better.

I’m hearing that the Cancel Culture wants all the Looney Tunes and Merry Melody cartoons removed from TV, YouTube and anywhere else that they might be available. Seems that they are offended by them.

All I have to say to them is “Toughen up Buttercup.”
I have lately been praying for a modern day Edward R. Murrow. Wasn't it he that helped end the madness of the Red Scare?

I have lately been praying for a modern day Edward R. Murrow. Wasn't it he that helped end the madness of the Red Scare?
I believe so. But from what I’ve seen on the news, there isn’t anyone that could light his cigarette.

FYI, last week, I had my first doze of the Pfizer vaccine. Second dose is March 26.

On another note, I fell again yesterday and hit my head on a window casement. Another ER visit and this time two staples. If COVID doesn’t get me, the falls probably will.

FarmerTan

I believe so. But from what I’ve seen on the news, there isn’t anyone that could light his cigarette.

FYI, last week, I had my first doze of the Pfizer vaccine. Second dose is March 26.

On another note, I fell again yesterday and hit my head on a window casement. Another ER visit and this time two staples. If COVID doesn’t get me, the falls probably will.
Ugh! Please stay safe. You are in my top ten list of people I enjoy picking on!

FarmerTan

Pick away. I have tough skin and rarely take offense at anything. Maybe that’s how I get 35 shaves out of a Feather blade.
I do believe that if folks would quit expecting a blade to feel brand new for only two shaves they'd get more use out of them. I will bet if they had someone load their blade they couldn't tell what they were shaving with or how many uses was on it half of the time.

FarmerTan

Loss of smell was my first telltale symptom. It was the reason I got tested. I fought around with Covid for about 3 weeks. The scent is coming back, but slowly. There are lots of things I still can't smell, my colognes, soaps and aftershaves being among the things that I either cannot smell or that have had their scent altered because I cannot pick up all of the notes. Praying you don't have it!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Just decided to go open my Arko that is in an Rx pill bottle. I swear, got all excited because I could smell it, ever so faintly, for less than a second. Then it was gone again.

Same thing happened last night with the Tabac soap. Just a second, and gone.

And I woke up SORE today. I mean like an 11 on the 1 to 10 scale. Praise the Lord I'm not in hardly any pain at the moment. I was able to shower, and man, the simple things do mean the most.

I have no doubt I will be able to smell again, but I hope it's soon.

Maybe, seriously, this is God's way of making me NOT addicted to fragrances. How much is too much?

I hope He doesn't start working on my ammo "collection!"

Just decided to go open my Arko that is in an Rx pill bottle. I swear, got all excited because I could smell it, ever so faintly, for less than a second. Then it was gone again.

And I woke up SORE today. I mean like an 11 on the 1 to 10 scale. Praise the Lord I'm not in hardly any pain at the moment. I was able to shower, and man, the simple things do mean the most.

Maybe, seriously, this is God's way of making me NOT addicted to fragrances. How much is too much?

Man, I'm sorry to hear the pain levels are hitting you like that. I am still getting "just whiffs" of some things. The return has been a series of creeping teases of scent. Praying for your full recovery.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Maybe you can pick up some old Russian ammo. That stuff smells terrible when fired. I went to the range once and was next to a guy shooting the stuff. I nearly choked from the fumes. It would not be so bad if you cannot smell it.

FarmerTan

Maybe you can pick up some old Russian ammo. That stuff smells terrible when fired. I went to the range once and was next to a guy shooting the stuff. I nearly choked from the fumes. It would not be so bad if you cannot smell it.
I had a young man out here at my HillBilly gun range quite a few years back. He brought his new to him Mosin Nagant out. With Russian ammo. Liked to choke me! That gun was something else though. Had me tempted to buy one. After I got kicked once I started to respect it better. Felt like I was holding a cannon!

I had a young man out here at my HillBilly gun range quite a few years back. He brought his new to him Mosin Nagant out. With Russian ammo. Liked to choke me! That gun was something else though. Had me tempted to buy one. After I got kicked once I started to respect it better. Felt like I was holding a cannon!
7.62x54r is no slouch but the 30-06 is pretty similar.

FarmerTan

There is an advantage to Covid....

Friends have been coming over to do chores.....hope I catch this bug EVERY year now.....
IMG_20210317_142334591.jpg

I could sell my top soil....

FarmerTan

There is an advantage to Covid....

Friends have been coming over to do chores.....hope I catch this bug EVERY year now.....View attachment 1237897
I could sell my top soil....
Notice the leaves we try to pick up every year so we don't have to weed? Every Spring/Summer I run into Garter Snakes having babies in there scaring me to death!

About oh, ten years ago we started breaking our garden into sevenths, and leaving a seventh fallow, like the Old Testament said to do. We don't fertilize or spray for bugs....I TRULY have been AMAZED at how well that and crop rotation has been for the yields we've gotten.

Top Bottom