What's new

Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Putting my shaving notes, impressions and opinions regarding the Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird in this thread. I welcome your feedback and comments. :)

If you have, or have shaved with, the Ti Blackbird, please share your impressions and comments. :)

First shave:

shave 20210313.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird
Blade: Silver Star (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Vitos Extra Super Coco
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado

First shave with my new (to me) Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird.

At 54g, the Ti Blackbird is ~1/2 the weight of the Stainless version and it feels like it - a definite difference.

Loaded up a Silver Star, got my lather set and off we go with a nice steep angle. :cool:

First off, the Ti Blackbird sings, more than the Stainless or Brass versions. It also has a very intuitive feel. Very natural, and quite nimble, if not quite as maneuverable as the Vector.

Did I mention that the Ti Blackbird is nice and efficient? It is. Cut through my 'barbed wire' very effectively.

I want to take my time and give the Ti Blackbird a proper evaluation over the course of multiple shaves. Also to compare the Ti Blackbird and the Stainless Vector.

Ah, well.....A shaver's work is never done.

More to follow. :)

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210315.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic

Shave #2 with the Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird. Used a Feather blade for this outing. This combination did not disappoint! Efficient, smooth and very, very effective. Definitely in the Big Dog Rotation. :thumbup:

Outstanding razor and shave! :cool:

When I first saw the Blackbird on Kickstarter with the black oxide finish I fell in love with the look of this razor. Over time I bought every version of this razor including the Jet, I always got a great result, but the feel of the shave never was as smooth as some other razors I own, until I bought the Titanium version. I am not sure why the Titanium changed things, but I now have a Blackbird that is smooth to use while still giving me the excellent results I have always gotten. For me the Titanium Blackbird is one of my top razors in smoothness and final results in my collection.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Outstanding review.

Thank you, @Lefonque. :)

I found that the Ti version gives me a nicer shave then the SS version (since you want to compare the vector also I think that one is even nicer)

Shaving with the Ti 'Bird - Vector - Ti 'Bird over the last three shaves has been a thorough pleasure. It will take more shaves to see how close the Ti 'Bird is to the Vector in my personal pantheon of Big Dogs. :)

When I first saw the Blackbird on Kickstarter with the black oxide finish I fell in love with the look of this razor. Over time I bought every version of this razor including the Jet, I always got a great result, but the feel of the shave never was as smooth as some other razors I own, until I bought the Titanium version. I am not sure why the Titanium changed things, but I now have a Blackbird that is smooth to use while still giving me the excellent results I have always gotten. For me the Titanium Blackbird is one of my top razors in smoothness and final results in my collection.

I'm still getting to know the Ti Blackbird and will reserve my final comparisons until after I have completed a few more shaves.

It is difficult, though, to contain my enthusiasm. ;)

LOVELY!! Congratulations! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you, @BigJ. :)

Great thread, David. I see a polished Ti BB in my future.
View attachment 1237383

All Blackbird fanatics should have a Ti Blackbird. ;)

David, I am glad to see your review of the legendary Ti Bird. I will get one soon as Shane drops them, hoping that they won't sell out within seconds. I suspect they will.

I've heard over and over again the the Ti version feels smoother than its SS and Bras cousins.

I know that you are a big Blackbird fan. Do you believe that an upgrade from the SS version to Ti is worth the extra investment? Thanks!

David, I am glad to see your review of the legendary Ti Bird. I will get one soon as Shane drops them, hoping that they won't sell out within seconds. I suspect they will.

I've heard over and over again the the Ti version feels smoother than its SS and Bras cousins.

I know that you are a big Blackbird fan. Do you believe that an upgrade from the SS version to Ti is worth the extra investment? Thanks!

Definitely won’t sell out in seconds and hopefully not at all! We’re scaling production and will have several hundred stocked. The only reason we sold out in the first place was due to a manufacturing issue. Hopefully we can avoid selling out going forward.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

I like all of my Blackbirds - Brass, Stainless and Titanium.

The Titanium is ever so smooth, while maintaining efficiency and effectiveness.

The Ti is more maneuverable and nimble than the Brass and Stainless, but not as much as the Vector.

I'm still getting used to all of the similarities and differences between the Blackbirds and am not quite ready to do my final ratings.

One thing for sure, I won't be kicking any of my Blackbirds to the curb. ;)

Definitely won’t sell out in seconds and hopefully not at all! We’re scaling production and will have several hundred stocked. The only reason we sold out in the first place was due to a manufacturing issue. Hopefully we can avoid selling out going forward.
That gives me extra piece of mind that I'll be able to grab one when released. I passed on the opportunity to buy the SS or Brass when they were recently on sale at Maggards and West Coast Shaving in hopes of getting the Ti. Patience for that one is on short supply!!!

I'm still getting used to all of the similarities and differences between the Blackbirds and am not quite ready to do my final ratings.

One thing for sure, I won't be kicking any of my Blackbirds to the curb. ;)

Thanks David, I'll be following the thread to see what you have to say after more shaves with the Ti. It's a done deal for me already, but I'm also having an eye on the Vector!

Wonderful review. Good to hear that the Blackbird Ti is working out for you. It is one of my favorite razors for me, and I love how nimble and safe it feels. Totally different face feel than the SS version I used to own. My favorite part about the Blackbird Titanium is that the efficiency remains the same as the SS version. Its such a pleasure to deal with Shane over at Blackland, good communication and helpful. Awesome shaver that is already Legendary imo. I can't wait to see what's next for Blackland? Maybe an open comb titanium plate for the Bird??

I like the Ti blackbird, I find it easier to regulate pressure and so the result is a bit better. It's a wonderfully machined, very nice razor.

And since we have been discussing it, the Ti vector is on the short list of razors I will 100 percent purchase this year. The Sabre is also on that list. It very well may happen at the same time.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird :001_wub:
Blade: Kai (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey 'The Favorite' (Shavemac 24mm 2-band Silvertip)
Lather: TFS Rasozero - Barbacco
Aftershave: TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic
20210318_210336~2.jpg

Shave #3 with the Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird - this time with a Kai blade. My admiration for the Ti 'Bird grows with each shave. Another outstanding shave and outstanding result! :cool:

Top Bottom