What's new

Rapira Swedish Supersteel

I used these for the first time on Wednesday (in my Dark Stag folding Kamisori). First impression... Decent sharpness and reasonably smooth. After three passes I had a couple of nicks and some mild irritation but also a nice smooth shave. I have reasonably tough growth and it had been about two days since I last shaved. I will definately be using these again and will be keeping them in frequent rotation. Next time I might try a quick palm strop first.

Just used one of those blades the other day for the first time. It worked great for me....I ordered a 100 of them. Nice and smooth.

I used them regularly before switching to vintage only. I wasn't expecting much from them given how inexpensive they are but I was pleasantly surprised. Sharp enough and very smooth, a rarer quality of the two.

These sit pretty high up on my 'Smooth' list. Sharp enough for my admittedly easy-to-shave whiskers. I probably like other blades a bit more now, but at the price that a 100 cost I grabbed some years ago and use a few a year. They are ( for me ) great blades to stick in a mild razor after you've had a bad shave the day before. I wouldn't hesitate to give one to a new shaver.

Shavers who like the sharper end of the blade spectrum will probably be unimpressed with that facet of their game, but they are by no means dull. I like to refer to blades like this as 'drama free'.

I used them regularly before switching to vintage only. I wasn't expecting much from them given how inexpensive they are but I was pleasantly surprised. Sharp enough and very smooth, a rarer quality of the two.
The Vintage, are those the one in the stripy ounknanf blue packaging? If so I tried one of those for the first time this eve... Very impressive for the price. First pass really smooth and took off most... Successive passes didn't do much more though. Good for a quick safe shave, at least in a cut throat razor.

Top Bottom