What's new

My first Rudy Vey Brush

Well, since I can't find the right brush for me, I decided to make a custom one. I just wrote to Rudy Vey. I decided for a Beehive Butterscotch with a 23mm Muhle STF knot.
I am thrilled and have sold almost all of my other synthetics. I prefer to have few razors and brushes but suitable for me.

Last edited:
Well, since I can't find the right brush for me, I decided to make a custom one. I just wrote to Rudy Vey. I decided for a Beehive Butterscotch with a 23mm Muhle STF knot.
I am thrilled and have sold almost all of my other synthetics. I prefer to have few razors and brushes but suitable for me.

You couldn't have made a better decision than the STF!

You couldn't have made a better decision than the STF!

I tried the Muhle 21mm and I fell in love with it. It is perfect on the skin, maybe a little small, so I chose a 23mm. I also tried two Edwin Jagger STFs but the tips are too prickly on my skin.

Reactions: nav
I tried the Muhle 21mm and I fell in love with it. It is perfect on the skin, maybe a little small, so I chose a 23mm. I also tried two Edwin Jagger STFs but the tips are too prickly on my skin.

I love the STF 23mm and 25mm.
My EJ 25mm is ultra soft and comfortable.
I have come across a few reports about upside down fibres in the EJ brushes, which causes them to be quite prickly!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive handle is awesome! Very comfortable to use.

And the STF knot is a top drawer synthetic!

You are going to absolutely love this brush. :)

The Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive handle is awesome! Very comfortable to use.

And the STF knot is a top drawer synthetic!

You are going to absolutely love this brush. :)

I'm sure! I saw some pictures and the brushes are very beautiful.
A word about Mr. Vey, I wrote him an email today, Sunday, and he replied right away! Great kindness.
I can't wait to see the finished brush!
It will take a while to get it, currently shipments from US to Italy are very slow (one month +)

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure! I sow some pictures and the brushes are very beautiful.
A word about Mr. Vey, I wrote him an email today, Sunday, and he replied right away! Great kindness.
I can't wait to see the finished brush!
It will take a while to get it, currently shipments from US to Italy are very slow (one month +)

Rudy Vey's brushes are very much worth the wait. :)

Please post your impressions when you receive, and have a chance to use, your new brush. :)

I let Rudy determine it. Here is a photo.

Rudy Vey Syn.jpg

The brush has arrived in the Old Wolrd! It is just the perfect size for me. Excellent workmanship and feels very good in the hand. The knot is the Muhle STF, my favourite. Used today for the weekend shave, but I want to use it everyday. Thank you all for let me know Rudy Vey here.

IMG_20210403_125738.jpg

Top Bottom