What's new

Oh no !, .... not another Lupo .72 thread !, ... But ...

Okay Gents, ..... I'm sure there's been enough B&B chatter about the new RazoRock Lupo .72 stainless steel razor,
but I feel that (for me, anyway) this is a sufficient reason to start a new thread. I just finished my first shave with
this beauty, and I am so incredibly impressed that I want to share my thoughts with you guys. I've been enjoying
our wonderful hobby of traditional wet shaving since the summer of 2016 (after around 43 years of disposables and
cartridges) and have been lucky enough to have experience with many different DE razors. My current "rotation"
includes Timeless Bronze SB, Timeless Aluminum, Edwin Jagger Ebony, Maggard's MR-5, and Rockwell 6C (plate 4.)

This morning's shave with my new Lupo .72 Bamboo handle was absolutely delightful, one of the best shaves I have
ever experienced. A fantastic rich thick face lather with Tabac cream and my Stirling finest badger brush, then three
lovely passes with the Lupo and a Nacet blade. I never thought about angle or pressure, and simply let the razor do
the work. The smoothness, efficiency, comfort, audible feedback, and sheer joy all combined for a perfect shave. An
easy BBS result, with no irritation or weepers. Finished off with Lucky Tiger splash and Kiehl's Facial Fuel balm. Nice !
My wife was wondering why I kept saying to myself "Oh Wow!, This is awesome" during the shave, and was so happy
for my exclamations of delight. The bamboo handle fit my hand naturally and securely, and the combination of the SS
head and baseplate delivered spectacular results. The razor is well balanced and very nicely weighted, and the entire
shave seemed rhythmic and quite intuitive. Boy oh boy, .... I love our hobby !

70FB216B-B34B-4BE3-915E-3FEF6D1440FA.jpeg
84838BF6-BFA3-4B66-B82D-135EC8CB5BA3.jpeg

Last edited:
I love my RR Aluminum Lupo.! Can you do a half n half face shave with the 0.72 Lupo & the timeless aluminum & tell us how both did.? Thanks for the nice pics.!

Thanks for your reply FastShaver .....
Your request seems like too much work for me, as I am not that "scientific" with my shaves to do such a comparison.
I enjoy each one of my razors for what they are, and do not want to get so calculating as to use two of them at once.
My Timeless Aluminum, loaded with a Feather, gives me fantastic results every time, and will stay in my rotation.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Right on, glad to see you are happy with your Lupo .72 2nd Gen. I have never bought the bamboo handle and like you & others there is always a positive response to using it . I have a Razorock Lupo .72 also and so I confirm your enjoyable response & experience. I like mine also but only about 16 shaves with it so far and they have been excellent also. I think the first 2 shaves opened my eyes to a winner.
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

The new Lupo 95 is my
at-last-found
“grail” razor.
Need no other razor . *
Don’t care really for any
other razor from past,present and
future.

I keep asking myself
what could have been
better at this razor.
Nope.
No matter how hard I ‘ve tried ,
yet was unable to give an answer.
It ticks every box.

* ....Ok,except maybe for a second
Lupo 95,which I already got ,to
have as a spare.

Last edited:
Here is my story... I purchased the Lupo 72 for my brother for his birthday. (He is a cart shaver) While he was waiting for his birthday present, he purchased the Timeless Crown handle to go with the Lupo 72. He got the handle from Timeless this week. He wanted to really try the Lupo and I told him why doesn't he try my Lupo 95 on his Timeless Ti Crown handle (what an Amazing handle btw) I recommend him to try either Astra or Persona Red Israeli blade. I chose for him the Persona Red. He was so astounded and shocked how well the Lupo 95 mowed his growth down that he decided to keep the Lupo 95 😂, Happy 😁 Early Birthday Bro! Lol 😆😂 So Now I have a Lupo 72 coming in. Maybe I should give it a spin., but the Lupo 95 is calling my name again lol! So I'm really happy I got my brother into wet-shaving. He actually did so well, perfect 35 degree angle, light touch and didn't go over the same place to many times. He had no irritation, weepers just a Great Shave!

Also I take it back when I did my review about the Lupo 95 not being a great beginner razor, my brother proved me wrong.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I ordered the .72 and the dual comb...they're on the way. Reports of this razor being a RAD killer piqued my curiosity. Thanks for posting your experiences. Threads like this are eye openers that make you wonder. I'm going to try to keep my expectations completely neutral. Obviously have some hope, otherwise I wouldn't have placed the order, but...need to keep it in perspective as I own a number of excellent shavers. Will post back after first and subsequent shaves.

Okay Gents, ..... I'm sure there's been enough B&B chatter about the new RazoRock Lupo .72 stainless steel razor,
but I feel that (for me, anyway) this is a sufficient reason to start a new thread. I just finished my first shave with
this beauty, and I am so incredibly impressed that I want to share my thoughts with you guys. I've been enjoying
our wonderful hobby of traditional wet shaving since the summer of 2016 (after around 43 years of disposables and
cartridges) and have been lucky enough to have experience with many different DE razors. My current "rotation"
includes Timeless Bronze SB, Timeless Aluminum, Edwin Jagger Ebony, Maggard's MR-5, and Rockwell 6C (plate 4.)

This morning's shave with my new Lupo .72 Bamboo handle was absolutely delightful, one of the best shaves I have
ever experienced. A fantastic rich thick face lather with Tabac cream and my Stirling finest badger brush, then three
lovely passes with the Lupo and a Nacet blade. I never thought about angle or pressure, and simply let the razor do
the work. The smoothness, efficiency, comfort, audible feedback, and sheer joy all combined for a perfect shave. An
easy BBS result, with no irritation or weepers. Finished off with Lucky Tiger splash and Kiehl's Facial Fuel balm. Nice !
My wife was wondering why I kept saying to myself "Oh Wow!, This is awesome" during the shave, and was so happy
for my exclamations of delight. The bamboo handle fit my hand naturally and securely, and the combination of the SS
head and baseplate delivered spectacular results. The razor is well balanced and very nicely weighted, and the entire

View attachment 1232225View attachment 1232226

Great review!! Great looking razor!! Enjoy!! :a29: :a29:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

View attachment 1232225View attachment 1232226
Don't be so wishy-washy. If you like it, just say so. ;)

Great review @Adam18

I am a fan of the Lupo 72. I would agree with everything in the review except the bamboo handle. I prefer the ufo :)

That said, I don't endorse tin foil hats or believe aliens invented faster than light travel just to come to earth to probe someone's butt.

Of the RR handles that I own, I think the Barber Pole and Haloed UFO are the best looking but the one I find myself continually using is the original UFO. Fairly short, grippy and light, vintage look, good beat and easy to dance to. Definitely my favorite 👍

Top Bottom