What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
unnamed.jpg

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb, chrome plated, with the two bumps on the baseplate
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (14!)
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 Best Badger
Soap: Cella, in the red tub
Rating: 10

Perfect shave again this morning on 2 days of growth. Easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No nicks, burning, or irritation. Blade is still going strong after 14 shaves; I will try to stretch it to 20 before replacement.

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Brown)
Blade: GEM - Carbon (7)
Brush: Yaqi - Aqua Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Zingari Man - The Duo (BBS Live)
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Retro Man
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX
29AF8D64-9FF5-4C11-A3C2-EBF6FDBD0165.jpeg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Wednesday March 3, 2021
Razors: Modified ATT G1 on WCS 84S handle, Kasho Woody barber straight
Blades: PTFE (1), Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (6)
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Soap: Yardley Almond

IMG_0502[1].JPG

I've been working with barber straights lately and that's been a lovely excursion. My newest acquistion is the Kasho Woody. I was mulling things over last night and decided to pull out my hot-rod G1 because it rips through a WTG pass better than any other razor I have but it's a little weak on the ATG pass. Barber straights tend to be kinder to my skin ATG, so I could see a plan coming together!

I've come to like finishing the shave with a barber straight even if I didn't start with one. I have a couple of spots where I can get really close with a straight; closer than any other kind of razor. Plus as a head shaver I like to use a "safety" razor to clean up around my ears.

Basically I just wanted a hybrid shave this morning. And that's exactly what I got: two lovely razors with supremely sharp blades and a spiffy smooth BBS.

O.H.

Thu 4th SE SOTD This SE AC setup is amazing!!
Soap
CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout New 1st Use👍
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum New 1st Use👍👍👍
Blade
Feather ProGuard 2nd👍👍👍
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
The soap...wow! I thought the Mogno was slickest but this lather slickness was as good too...very slick! It's very rich and creamy with a unique scent. Kinda heavy hearty rich scent to my nose.
The shave with this very light aluminum razor paired with the blade was incredibly good even better (slightly) than yesterday's brass handle. Super silky-smooth and incredible comfort for 3passes for a total BBS! Even the adam apple area stubborn whiskers are closely removed by this razor/blade combo which my other de razor/blades can't...wow! Rating 10/10!!
This is indeed a revelation for a possible vaccine against RAD😉😉!! If only the blades are cheaper...

20210304_072924.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, Mar4th 2021

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1 Canadian variant- MFG 1920's, modified gap from .011 to .007 thousands of inch to smooth out the shave 2 years ago and enjoy my shave today. Nice to use a razor back from the roaring 1920's, Valet Auto strop was a household name at that time period.
Blade: Modified GEM Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice mid red grapefruit scent, great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir plissoft 24 mm, nice lather generator, cloud like soft tips with good scrub back bone + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with ceraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Valet Auto-strop C1 + a Gem modified coated blade.
SE SOTD, Thur, Mar 4th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Schick N1 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210303_081434.jpg

Kind of an old/new Franco-American shave tonight.

Gelle Freres in Chromebook scales
Gem Jr. Bar w/ Kampfe wedge blade. Outstanding!
PDP 63/ well-bloomed Rubberset 2 band

Had to really "ride the catcher", but I was astounded at how good that Jr. Bar, wedge blade combo worked. Again, decidedly inefficient but crazy smooth and comfortable. As close as a new Gem blade, too!

20210304_194357.jpg

Top Bottom