What's new

My thoughts about Semogue Torga C5 finest badger!

Hello Gentlemen,

Let me start by saying that I'm not a big fan of Semogue boar brushes, but after I purchased and tried their silvertips and the Legendary Owner's Club in finest badger, I felt in love right away.

Today I used my Torga C5 finest badger for the first time and I love it. The die hard face lathered guys have another brush to choose from.

The brush has a 24mm knot × 50mm loft just the perfect size for my taste. I face lathered exclusively and this brush It's a dream for face lathering. It has just the perfect amount of backbone and soft tips. It creates tons of lather in no time, holds water very well and retains heat as well. I truly believe that this brush is Semogue's answer to the so popular Simpsons Duke 3 series. The handle of the Semogue Torga is really well made, very sturdy and comfortable to hold. Chubby!! Just perfect for face lathering. All in all a fantastic brush that really feels great on the face and you know you are holding a quality brush. In my honest opinion you get a lot for an excellent price. I paid only $80.00 and free shipping to my door. I couldn't be happier with this brush, It's that good :thumbup: :thumbup::badger::badger:

eoe4Wkl.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Nice write up, Semogue and Simpson are the only brands I will consider as many other makers either only sell 28mm and upwards, or they use chemically treated and gelled knots. I am trying to resist buying brushes else a Torga would be on my radar, possibly a mistura. I am lucky to have four LE Finest brushes and can recommend them if you get the chance. I wish Semogue had a better web presence.

20210131_190717.jpg

Nice write up, Semogue and Simpson are the only brands I will consider as many other makers either only sell 28mm and upwards, or they use chemically treated and gelled knots. I am trying to resist buying brushes else a Torga would be on my radar, possibly a mistura. I am lucky to have four LE Finest brushes and can recommend them if you get the chance. I wish Semogue had a better web presence.

View attachment 1228121
Lovely brushes Richard, especially the Butterscotch LE. To give my Mistura the attention that it deserves I will use exclusively during the course of March but the Finest look as a great choice as well.

7780138B-4144-442E-B14A-EE2DDE1A3218.jpeg

View attachment 1228121
Thanks so much my friend, I'm glad you liked it. You have such a great collection of limited edition Semogues!! Specially the Butterscotch, It's a real beauty :001_wub:

View attachment 1228121
I do own some of those chemically treated, gelled knots that you are talking about lol...The Heritage collection ones, I really like them, mainly because of the nostalgia of having a replica of the Iconic Ever-Ready brushes.

View attachment 1228121
20210225_004212.jpg

@Alpa man where do you get Palmolive in a dark blue Tube?

I know the regular and mentholated green one, the Italian regular red and the white sensitive.
@Multum in parvo the blue tube of Palmolive cool shaving cream it is sold in the Balkans, made to the Eastern European market. Widely available in Romania.!! It's great stuff. Exactly the same as the Italian menthol Palmolive to my nose!!

Top Bottom