What's new

ok, if your on this board you probably have too many aftershaves

So, given that you may never finish what you have in the house, what would you definitely repurchase if you ran out and is it still available?

Me:

Noble Otter Monarch - I have several soaps that include chocolate and this works great with them - still available.
Floid Blue -not available dang, the similar scents are all stronger and less powdery
Fine Italian Citrus - still available
Barrister and Mann Reserve Classic - still available
Barrister and Mann Fougere Classique - not available

The rest, as much as I like them, I would probably try something new.

If I could only have one scent for the rest of my life, as of today it would be Duc de Santal by Henri et Victoria. The soap is a solid performer and the scent is just heavenly. Second place would be Captains Choice Venture. These are two scents that me and SWMBO both are very fond of.

I have only tried Speick and Lucky Tiger, and I am content to leave it at that. Performance is good, and neither leaves me with more scent than I want, which is not very much.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I would (did) repurchase wsp barbercool and tobacco. And declaration dark fall. Nothing else has so moved me and I don’t really think I will.

Gillette Cool Wave.

Say what you want, but the bottom line is that this is what people are used to me smelling like, I like it, and no one dislikes it. I’m in sabbatical this year so I made sure I had four bottles on hand before the start of the year, but of the more than 20 ASes I have on hand it is one of only two or three I’ll buy again once it’s gone.

I like aftershaves that have some skin healing ingredients with pleasant scents that don't linger too long. So, ones I would repurchase might be:
Speick splash
La Toja splash
Razorock American Barber splash
Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore splash
Quorum Silver aftershave
Dickinson's Enhanced witch hazel
Pereja Turkish Limon Kolonya mixed with witch hazel
Proraso White balm
LEA 3-in-1 balm with mild alcohol and menthol

Pitralon Classic
Stirling Sandpiper
Irisch Moos (still available, but becoming rare and $$$)
Floid Vigoroso, amber or Suave
Barbasol Brisk (a "must have" for Summer)

I mention only those that I have already repurchased:

Proraso red
Proraso green
Floid
Officina Artigiana Milano
Officina Artigiana Milano Stay Traditional
Clubman Special Reserve
Old Spice

In the US, I've only found Alpa on Amazon. The seller charges more for shipping than for the product. Also, I've read that Alpa's scent only lasts for about an hour.
I located a US source for The Moos, so I now have 2 spare bottles. :velva2:
I had a bottle of 378 once but to be honest I have no recollection about it.
Is the US version of Irisch Moos the same as the European? Here 150ml go for 19.79 on AZ.

I had a bottle of 378 once but to be honest I have no recollection about it.
Is the US version of Irisch Moos the same as the European? Here 150ml go for 19.79 on AZ.

Yes. the Moos available here is imported from Germany. As I recall, my first bottle (when it was still readily available) was about $12.00 for 100ml.

In November, I ordered a 150ml bottle from Germany (on the Bay) for $20. After waiting for 3 months for it to arrive, I decided it was not going to show up, so I ordered a 100ml bottle from a US supplier for $27 (free shipping). They both arrived in the same week. :crazy:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
In the US, I've only found Alpa on Amazon. The seller charges more for shipping than for the product. Also, I've read that Alpa's scent only lasts for about an hour.
I located a US source for The Moos, so I now have 2 spare bottles. :velva2:

I have over 200 vintage and modern aftershaves. I don’t know why, but Irish Moos is one I have never tried or acquired. That’s a shame.

Top Bottom