What's new

Debating on trying the Veg.

I love it! I think it smells floral and fresh. My wife thinks it smells like pee. I put it on one day and was so happy, but she really didn’t like it. So, I kept my bottle and wear it when she’s not around. I do think it‘s a love or hate thing. I’ve been thinking of putting mine into a glass bottle to see if there’s any difference.

Reading these post makes me really want to splash some on.

Give it a try. Even if you don't make it as a Knight, at least you tried it. Don't smell it first, just go with a healthy splash! Use a neutral soap or cream so that you get an honest reaction to the Veg and not an adverse or contradictory scent from the soap used. Choosing a soap can come later.

Give it a try. Even if you don't make it as a Knight, at least you tried it. Don't smell it first, just go with a healthy splash! Use a neutral soap or cream so that you get an honest reaction to the Veg and not an adverse or contradictory scent from the soap used. Choosing a soap can come later.

I laughed at "Don't smell it first, just go with a healthy splash!". I tried Clubman and the Bay Rum and neither one appealed to me, unfortunately. I'm almost certain I wouldn't like the Veg either. But hey, that just means more for others!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Big +1, well said! :thumbup:

I laughed at "Don't smell it first, just go with a healthy splash!". I tried Clubman and the Bay Rum and neither one appealed to me, unfortunately. I'm almost certain I wouldn't like the Veg either. But hey, that just means more for others!

It's like trying new foods: Some you like and some you don't like. You don't know until you try. ;)

Big +1, well said! :thumbup:

It's like trying new foods: Some you like and some you don't like. You don't know until you try. ;)

I'm sure I'll get around to trying it one of these days, I've just got other aftershaves that I want to try first. After all, part of the reason I tried Tabac is because the scent was so polarizing. I just had to find out for myself what it was all about. I'll get there eventually on the Veg too.

I'm sure I'll get around to trying it one of these days, I've just got other aftershaves that I want to try first. After all, part of the reason I tried Tabac is because the scent was so polarizing. I just had to find out for myself what it was all about. I'll get there eventually on the Veg too.

At first tabac smelled like the bottom of an old ladys leather purse, but after a while the scent grows on you. Trust me you will pick up different smells off of it as you use it. The performance is amazing with it and you can never screw up the latherability of tabac. Im wondering if the veg. runs in the same category, I have a few pinaud scents, love whisky woods, the brandy spice, the special reserve, and citrus musk. The vanillia was a dissapointment tho since it dosent smell like vanillia at all. Might get a trial bottle of the veg and see what happens.

Larry

I think Lilac Vegetal smells great. I actually used it today! My first impression of it out of the bottle wasn't so great though, I instantly understood the "cat pee" remarks I've read about it online, but I never got that vibe again after that.

Personally it's worth the chance. It's old school and has a neat story behind it. But I'm into this hobby for the old-timey nature of things. It totally fits the bill.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Off topic, but did you like Tabac?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I transfer the Veg from its plastic container to some of my empty glass AS bottles.

Even an empty bottle of Orange Curacao makes something special happen!
full

Last edited:
I think you’ll notice a difference for sure After a few weeks. The smell will change. It will smell less industrial if that makes any sense.

Just try it. It's cheap. It's different. Don't just try it once... give it a chance. I am somewhat indifferent. Certainly not my favorite but I do enjoy it as a change of pace ever so often.

+1! Yes indeed! Definitely required for folks on this forum!

You may be among ‘the chosen’ or not (I was not), but you should find out! :clap: :clap:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Keep debating for a while. Maybe the urge will leave. :lol1: Seriously though...it isn't very expensive so I would concur with some of the other posters...scratch the itch and then you'll know.

I had the pleasure to smell it in a mall store. It immediately burned off my eyebrows and my wife ran screaming out of the store (maybe not exactly that bad, but that’s how I remember it going down).

Top Bottom