What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Another strap I got for the Duro. This one is a single-pass nato-style. Certainly not as bold as the red, but probably more my "style".

Side note: anyone know why single pass NATOS are more costly than traditional? There's less material! I do think I like this one slightly better, as I can adjust the case location to have the clasp/keepers where you want them.

View attachment 1225395
Have you tried wearing your Nato using the "down under method"? I can't remember if I read about that here or somewhere else, but it looked to have some potential. I have not tried the "down under" method yet, as I am been wearing more rubber and leather straps recently.

In general I also prefer the single pass "Zulu" style. I have cut the extra flap off a few of my Nato straps, especially on ones where the clasp is difficult to position where I want under the wrist. I have no idea why the single pass strap would be more expensive, but I suspect it is because they are newer (less inventory buildup as compared to Natos) and the quality of your example may be better.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Have you tried wearing your Nato using the "down under method"? I can't remember if I read about that here or somewhere else, but it looked to have some potential. I have not tried the "down under" method yet, as I am been wearing more rubber and leather straps recently.

In general I also prefer the single pass "Zulu" style. I have cut the extra flap off a few of my Nato straps, especially on ones where the clasp is difficult to position where I want under the wrist. I have no idea why the single pass strap would be more expensive, but I suspect it is because they are newer (less inventory buildup as compared to Natos) and the quality of your example may be better.
Never heard of that fascinating
I need to see it s few times to make sense of it but I’ll try it.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just tried it this morning and like it a lot. It keeps my watch where I want it without being sloppy or overly tight. I also like the idea that the bulk of the straps are on the inside of my wrist. Presents a cleaner look with nothing to distract from the watch.

Thanks for posting the clip.

New Hesalite Omega Speedy. ***If you're interested in one of the new but NOT the redesigned 2021, you better hurry and get one. I heard the "original" are discontinued and that's the reason real/AD-Authorized Dealers and "grey/2nd/secondary dealers" are going up in price and telling you that they are getting more difficult to find.

IMG_20210220_082240590.jpg

Have you tried wearing your Nato using the "down under method"? ... I have no idea why the single pass strap would be more expensive, but I suspect it is because they are newer (less inventory buildup as compared to Natos) and the quality of your example may be better.
I feel like I did try this, but had trouble getting the watch face in the right spot. Thanks for the reminder. I'll try this again next time I swap out the strap to the Nato. As for the "zulu" style...yeah I guess that makes as much sense as anything else. I hate when I see something that has less material/less complexity cost more than other options. Especially if the answer is "it's trendy so we can charge more".

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
New Hesalite Omega Speedy. ***If you're interested in one of the new but NOT the redesigned 2021, you better hurry and get one. I heard the "original" are discontinued and that's the reason real/AD-Authorized Dealers and "grey/2nd/secondary dealers" are going up in price and telling you that they are getting more difficult to find.

View attachment 1225741
Love the 2021 recessed subdials.

Nothing original. Sorry about the picture. My camera phone is acting up. Rolex GMT. Traded in a green Sub “Hulk”. The GMT is more my style. My grandfather brain washed me when I was kid that is the only Rolex was only watch to own. I really want a Seiko Prospex LX Limited Edition SNR045 Spring Drive Diver. I love the looks of that watch.
82EE6644-9E5C-4699-BC48-8ED08F2DAA3E.jpeg

Top Bottom