What's new

What Brown leaf 'good stuff' are you waiting on to be delivered?

Same. But it’s a nice palate change of pace ... the occasional beef to seafood. Keeps the beef interesting. And Mrs. Columbo and houseguests enjoy the aeros.

What piqued my interest on this one is the more recessed and higher quality topping. More restrained than the usually-restrained Danish aeros. A bad vanilla tastes like a mouthful of jet-puffs. Blech.
The part that has me interested is that the best vanilla aro I ever had was the MB vanilla cream flake. If this is anything like that one, it's truly a great vanilla aro.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
The part that has me interested is that the best vanilla aro I ever had was the MB vanilla cream flake. If this is anything like that one, it's truly a great vanilla aro.

Then you may want to try this one. Word on the street is that it is better than the flake.

1614617750395.png

Ordered a new meer for March Madness. Should be here Wed.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Nording Contrast (half rusticated/half smooth) Compass pipes are back in stock at one of my tobacconists, so I've ordered one, and a Falcon Hunter Dublin bowl to keep it company on the journey.

SAM_1268.JPG

Just arrived. Old Henry regular, Maduro and Pure Breed, also some Upmann 1844. Have not smoked the Pure Breed before. These may replace my Padron family dynasty for a while or forever. The H. Upmann 1844 reserve is a really good smoke

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Assorted peripherals ordered.

A spare Falcon stem in case of dropsies or other mishaps, and a second stem for my Nording Compass which will convert it to a churchwarden.

Plus Brebbia pipe nails, aluminium tobacco tins, briar polish, and stem polish.

That's three orders I've placed with tobacconists lately, without adding any tobacco (which I really don't need any more of). The discipline is holding up very well so far.

My Sutliff Match Field & Stream is "out for delivery" -- ETA is now "by 7:45 pm" instead of "by 9:00 p.m. With any luck I'll get to try it out tomorrow morning.

Of course! Check out Pipe Club on eBay. James usually has a good selection and is a good restorer.
I'm looking with lust at a couple of billiards on Blue Room Briars. Is that a good seller?

I can't find "Pipe Club" on eBay, but I see more than a few sellers who specialize in older pipes at very reasonable prices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom