What's new

Panzermeister Dave's Models.

I normally like 1/35th scale for tanks. But I bought this tiny 1/48th tank on sale for only$6. It was $20. The ruler is 6 in long.
If any of you have seen the movie Fury. They used a M4A3E8 and the only running Tiger I in the world. I drilled out the holes in the machinegun barrels with a X-Acto knife.
IMG_0468.jpg
IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0470.jpg
:tank:

Some may wonder why I don't have any tanks like the M1 Abrams or the Tiger or Panther tanks. It is because I got back into the hobby in 2019, after being away from it so long. I don't have anything from my old collection. I learned some new techniques. So I wanted to practice on other tanks before moving on to my favorites.
Anyhow, please meet Heidi[WW2 German Panzer IV] and a Panzer II light tank from the North Africa theater.View attachment 1225434View attachment 1225436View attachment 1225438View attachment 1225441View attachment 1225443View attachment 1225444View attachment 1225445View attachment 1225447
Great work. I love how you made them look like they had been in the field for weeks. The dirt effect adds to the realism.

I built one of Tamaya’s Tiger II models back in the 80’s. It was painted with camouflage paint like it would have been on the eastern front. But it looked like it had just rolled off the assembly line.

Great work. I love how you made them look like they had been in the field for weeks. The dirt effect adds to the realism.

I built one of Tamaya’s Tiger II models back in the 80’s. It was painted with camouflage paint like it would have been on the eastern front. But it looked like it had just rolled off the assembly line.
Yes, I remember you telling me that in my greeting post back in Dec. Like I said the weathering is the funnest part. How much I do depends on the tank and what environment it is in, and how long it is in service. I spend a lot of time looking at photos of tanks in the field. Even some WW2 photos are in color.
I plan on doing a Tiger II at some point. But I want to do a Tiger I or a Panther first. But right now I am working on a Stug IV a self propelled gun. After that I got a Russian T-34/85 setting on the shelf. I got both of these Tamiya kits on sale from Hobbylinc.com.
My sickness for buying models is almost as bad as my shaving item sickness. I need big nurse! Help! 😜

Great work @Panzermeister Dave! Two cracking examples. That Panzer IV had such a versatile chassis - especially under the Jagdpanzer and Sturmgeschütz IV!

Thanks for sharing your work! 😃
Thank you and everyone else for your compliments! The Panzer IV was the workhorse of the German army. This version is supposed to represent a early war tank on the Russian front [around 1942] That is why I painted it in Panzer Grey.
Just look how filthy this tank is. Heidi is such a dirty girl! 😁

Yes, I remember you telling me that in my greeting post back in Dec. Like I said the weathering is the funnest part. How much I do depends on the tank and what environment it is in, and how long it is in service. I spend a lot of time looking at photos of tanks in the field. Even some WW2 photos are in color.
I plan on doing a Tiger II at some point. But I want to do a Tiger I or a Panther first. But right now I am working on a Stug IV a self propelled gun. After that I got a Russian T-34/85 setting on the shelf. I got both of these Tamiya kits on sale from Hobbylinc.com.
My sickness for buying models is almost as bad as my shaving item sickness. I need big nurse! Help! 😜
Actually, Big Nurse reminds me a lot of a StuG III Ausf D....😱

Great work thanks for sharing I’m curious how much time one takes
That depends, Tanks are quicker to build than planes. You can pretty much do all of the painting after the assembly. But with planes you have cockpits and clear parts to deal with. Also, some kits go together much easier. I have not timed my builds. But I would say my tanks take about 30-40 hours of actual working time. Due to glue and paint drying times about 1-6 weeks. Now, the big a** B-17 took a long time. About a year. But I could have done it in 6 months.

they look so real!
Thank you sir! And everyone else who makes comments. I have read a lot of books from the masters over the years. Lots of practice. And I always look at photos of the real thing in the field for reference. But I have had my share of screwups!
OK, sorry for such a long winded reply; but I have a funny story to tell about my brother's B-17. I put some clearcoat in a empty bottle of liquid cement. I had the bottle labeled. So, I was brush painting a clearcoat on some small parts. The base coat starts coming off! I was swearing. My friend Darryl asked me what's wrong. I said,"#*#**###clearcoat!" ……….Then I looked at the bottle. My dumb** was using liquid cement instead of clear coat! Oh yeah! So who's the Panzermeister now! :mad2: :letterk1::tank:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Very cool!
Back in the olden days our video rental store was run by a navy vet and he built models like this and had them carefully suspended from the ceiling with clear line when you looked up the sky was full.
Very Impressed with the skill and patience.

Very cool!
Back in the olden days our video rental store was run by a navy vet and he built models like this and had them carefully suspended from the ceiling with clear line when you looked up the sky was full.
Very Impressed with the skill and patience.
I am glad I got back into the hobby. It is like therapy for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom