What's new

hone master in melbourne

hows it going guys so i brought a dovo best quality like a year ago, and in that time iv shaved with it and it started to tug and wasn't a pleasant shave, iv tryed to hone my self and iv just butchered the edge its sharp but not enough to shave with does anyone know of a person who hones straight’s in the Melbourne area that i can send it to, to have it honed correctly.

thanks in advance.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am not sure. I have bought stuff off them before. Maybe an old time Barber if there are any still around.

Legion

Staff member
These guys offer a professional service including full restorations. They operate out of QLD.

This is the only commercial honer I know of in Aus right now. There might be others, but this one came recommended by the dude who honed my first razor.

This is the only commercial honer I know of in Aus right now. There might be others, but this one came recommended by the dude who honed my first razor.
thanks ill check them out send them an email in vic we are under a 2 week stage 4 lockdown so im not sure if im even able to send it to them atm but ill definitely will check them out @Tomo

thanks ill check them out send them an email in vic we are under a 2 week stage 4 lockdown so im not sure if im even able to send it to them atm but ill definitely will check them out @Tomo
It's not even a week lol. As for Razor honing, Dion Curnow of DC Blades does a great job, as does Irish Bower in Tasmania, of Forgotten Art he doesn't have a website and does the work as a side hobby, however, I have 4 razors with his edges on them and will be sending him another 2 in the next month or so. Prices vary but it was around $40 + post.

Top Bottom