What's new

"Wayback when" photo stuff!!

Legion

Staff member
35534A2E-B321-4DA8-A4F9-3B7AF416A35E.jpeg

My buddy usually shoots a variety of 4x5 cameras. He just picked up a 8x10 camera, that thing is massive. I can’t wait to see his shots on the 8x10

Legion

Staff member
My buddy usually shoots a variety of 4x5 cameras. He just picked up a 8x10 camera, that thing is massive. I can’t wait to see his shots on the 8x10
I used an 8x10 in a museum where I worked for photographing maps and artwork. What a PITA. You would spend ages getting it all set up, square and in focus. Then you would put the doubledark in and something would move. Every damn time.

That wooden one I posted is a half plate feild camera. It took glass plate negatives.

DE blade sharpener

proxy.php

Mint tin headphone amp. They'd have to duct tape the TSP guy's head to let you fly with one lol.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ammo can opener

proxy.php

there wasn't any machines. they were just drawers and a cashbox. you dropped off the film it went out to the processor at night and was back in 1-3 days but no, there was no AC

I have my darkroom intact, and also use it as I mainly shoot B&W film. Have tried digital but never got hooked to it. I understand that digital must be great for professionals, but the analogue technique is, for me, a nice recreation.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
My first real job was in an advertising agency. I was in charge of the dark room. I learned so much about photography and prints. Looking back it was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my working life. I loved the solitude of the dark room. Great place for thinking. The dark room was situated inside the artist studios. He was a 40 year old outlaw biker and a little eccentric. He was very kind to me and taught me many things about life. Great days.

Legion

Staff member
My first real job was in an advertising agency. I was in charge of the dark room. I learned so much about photography and prints. Looking back it was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my working life. I loved the solitude of the dark room. Great place for thinking. The dark room was situated inside the artist studios. He was a 40 year old outlaw biker and a little eccentric. He was very kind to me and taught me many things about life. Great days.
I worked in several darkrooms over the years, and I liked it as well. Usually you were working by yourself, you could crank the radio up, and just get on with it. Not many jobs like that these days.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Agreed my friend. It was my own small kingdom. Melbourne in the early 70s was a good place. The second dark room I worked in was Telecom about a decade later. Not such a cool place. Still I had that great early experience the almost 50 years later brings back good memories.

I worked in the darkroom in high school for the paper and yearbook. I agree it was really good to work alone and just do you thing!
@Legion that frame looks awesome, I’ve been really inspired lately to shoot some large format images.

Top Bottom