What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Hanson AL13 (Medium Aggression)
4CB5B9AF-A536-445F-B64B-B4B3AF3C8963.jpeg

interesting, but I´ve no idea.
That was my guess as well. The bottom plate on this one is the thin one. The ones I have from the mid and late 60s with absolutely the same logo [no codes] have thicker bottom plate. Could be a code test before they started adding codes in 1970, but who knows...

On a whim I bought this off ebay. Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip C-2 1957. This is my first vintage so I really didn't have a clue. Got it today and gave it a spin. It is only the 1st shave but it was super smooth. A mild shave but it got the job done. A smaller razor compared to my modern razors. The balance is great. This one is in very good condition.

IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

Here’s some pics of what I picked up today. Looks like it’s never been used.
can you boil these old Bakelite razors? I’m thinking just dish soap and disinfectant will be good enough for this one. Date code V2. Bonus pic of some of the other things I didn’t pick up. Not pictured is the prewar Tech I didn’t grab, but should have. Might go back.
18FF22A4-83DA-4EAB-9703-7CE491DAEDD8.jpeg
EED73830-FF2E-4770-9652-8362845EC307.jpeg
423C43E5-A6C8-4DCE-959D-77C884B3BFEE.jpeg
[
DD747061-5FBD-4FAA-89E5-5F2D22952C65.jpeg
46EC1F3F-52DB-42D6-B815-851E2116CC04.jpeg

can you boil these old Bakelite razors? I’m thinking just dish soap and disinfectant will be good enough for this one. Date code V2. Bonus pic of some of the other things I didn’t pick up. Not pictured is the prewar Tech I didn’t grab, but should have. Might go back.

Beautiful Super Adjustable! They aren't bakelite though. It's a plastic style coating over aluminum in my understanding.

It probably wouldn't hurt that particular razor but NEVER boil an actual bakelite.

That being said - dish soap and disinfectant is more than good enough. I've never worried about boiling or disinfectant myself and I've tried well over a hundred different used razors.

Dish soap is fine.

Bacteria/viruses can only live so long on a surface anyway.

You're right. I was too late to edit though. Feels like steel underneath. It looks like it’s never been used. I gave it a wipe down with a Lysol wipe, I think it’s good enough for this mug.
They had some Gillette NEW types and some neat old single blades as well. I have too much as it is though!
Beautiful Super Adjustable! They aren't bakelite though. It's a plastic style coating over aluminum in my understanding.

It probably wouldn't hurt that particular razor but NEVER boil an actual bakelite.

That being said - dish soap and disinfectant is more than good enough. I've never worried about boiling or disinfectant myself and I've tried well over a hundred different used razors.

Dish soap is fine.

Bacteria/viruses can only live so long on a surface anyway.

I just kind of flipped and ordered this from Bulgaria.It's apparently a 1957 British HD rocket.I just threw it on the credit card like it was nothing i'll be on soup for a month.I just had to have it it looks mint.It says it should arrive by 4th march so i'll post some pics when i get it.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
View attachment 1222016View attachment 1222017View attachment 1222018[View attachment 1222021View attachment 1222022
Anodized aluminum. Polish will ruin the anodizing.

Top Bottom