What's new

Is the market saturating or was this just a fluke?

I was following a WR1 OC + WRH3 solid all mirror polished, all packaging, basically new. It sold for about $360 on an infamous auction site. Almost $200 less that list and no long wait. Was this just a luckly fluke for the buyer or is the market for top end hardware finally saturating? I would have bid just to try a different blade gap even thjough I'm happy with mine. I was not serious about it because these usually go up to about $700 at auction.

Less money around due to covid. Way more competition in the market at under $200 now that are just as good as Wolfman if not better. Only so many people willing to spend $500-700 on a razor when you can gets some amazing cnc milled razors for $55-200.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

My dad was a collector (not shave related) and in holland getting that (paintings, ceramics, pewter, stamps) sold for a decent price is quite a bit slower as normal for now.

We also have a shop (knitting wool) and customers are not mere high discount hunting but more specific rock bottom price. So you get something exclusive with 80% discount is not sold at 5 euro and some cheap stuf with 50% discount is sold at 1-2 euro.

Crazy bit is that due to covid you get either people with no money or people who did not go on holiday etc and have lots of it. And you expect some interest via local marketplace. But only at rock bottom price and then even no due to 7 euro shipping.

Might need to shift stuff via Etsy or eBay and send it more international if that’s better.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Slightly relevant. We had a painting contractor give us an estimate on Saturday for an inside job. Mind you pre COVID this contractor was so in demand and busy he didn’t return our calls (this is some time ago) in any event since his estimate he texted several times to follow up, then offered payment options, then voluntarily reduced his price.

Last edited:
I was following a WR1 OC + WRH3 solid all mirror polished, all packaging, basically new. It sold for about $360 on an infamous auction site. Almost $200 less that list and no long wait. Was this just a luckly fluke for the buyer or is the market for top end hardware finally saturating? I would have bid just to try a different blade gap even thjough I'm happy with mine. I was not serious about it because these usually go up to about $700 at auction.
I am guessing from looking at the ad that this wasn't a fluke as it was a WR1 .86OC w/ WRH3 handle. This listing had basically what I would call as having 3 strikes against it, (if there is such a thing), in todays market. 1st it was a WR1 and not the more desired WR2 head, 2nd it was an aggressive .086 gap, and 3rd it had the not so desirable WHR3 handle...

Considering the seller has multiple Wolfman razors including a WR1 .91OC, WR2 1.55SB and 1.45OC he has his bases covered as he is a long time Wolfman user. I am thinking this particular razor was purchased back a while ago which might mean it was bought at a cheaper price than it sells for today. Lastly as I mentioned about the handle, the WRH1, WRH2, and WRH7 handles are what I'd consider to be the best selling handles from Wolfman and certainly the WR2 heads probably outsell the WR1 by a 7-1 margin... Then again maybe he was just needing to get rid of it and isn't as greedy as most other sellers of Wolfman products on Ebay!!

Slightly relevant. We had a painting contractor give us an estimate on Saturday for an inside job. Mind you pre COVID this contractor was so in demand and busy he didn’t return our calls (this is some time ago) in any event since his estimate he texted several times to follow up, then offered payment options, then voluntarily reduced his price.
We have the exact opposite due to the fact people work more at home they do that remodeling now. Diy stores have never done better. And getting a handyman is difficult

That was a fluke, imo. I followed that too and I sort of regret not bidding. Two things working against that one...subpar pics and the auction ended on a weird day/time. I guarantee it would have sold for more with good pics and if it was set to end on a Sunday evening (or if it was listed on the forum where Wolfmans change hands with more frequency).

Top Bottom