What's new

Shavemac order

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I am contemplating to make another order with Shavemac soon. If someone is interested in knots, let me know as soon as you can. At the moment, I plan on making this order mid February (depending on number of knots, this may be faster or slower).
Email me to:
[email protected]

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I love my 2 band Silvertip. If you are on the fence about getting one, don't be. They are great. Worth every penny.

Rudy Vey

The order will be probably made mid February, so get your orders in soon.
BTW, the "Finest" grade will not longer be offered by Shavemac. This is sad news as I think it is a great hair grade mix, and more consistent than Best from Simpson, which it is equivalent to.
However, I do have a small number of them left in my stock (Fans in 21, 22 and 24 - two each; and bulbs 24 mm - four) - when they are gone, they are gone for good.

Rudy Vey

So, the order will be placed on the 15/16th of this month.
Please, get back to me asap if you want a knot ordered!!
I just heard that the pricing for the two band silvertip as well as the D01 versions stays the same, however, the standard (non D01) silvertip will see a price increase!! Finest is no longer offered. I am sorry to see this grade being discontinued.

Rudy Vey

Last call!! Please get your orders to me asap, I will place the order on Monday!!
No idea when I again will make an order.

Rudy Vey

Quick Update:
The knots have been shipped by Shavemac on 16th of March already. Their odyssey took them from Germany to Belgium, to Memphis and then back to France...here they sat for some 5 days and they arrived in the USA on 30th of March. Now, since then they are in customs clearance at Newark airport (so they say) or at the local FEDEX facility a town over from me (this is what the tracking shows me or Shavemac). I have so far 5 or 6 calls into FEDEX and do not get anywhere. I have never experienced such utter incompetence....it is really mind boggling. Yesterday I was given an email address and I sent right away an email to the address, and added also a copy of my import permit. But, still have not received an answer as to when I can expect the knots at my house.

I think the one lesson that both Bernd and I learned is that FEDEX is absolutely incompetent for international shipping. When I get an order from Muehle, they ship UPS and I have it within a couple days here in the USA. All my resin rods ship from the UK and they go DHL and it takes them also two days to get to me.
Due to shipping issues with mail because of the pandemic, Shavemac made the decision to ship international orders with FEDEX only (they have a contract with them). Every shipment since last May was a debacle. Three shipments since then, and every time it was a nightmare. FEDEX is either totally incompetent or employs incompetent people. Speaking with a few people that ship or receive international shipments with FEDEX have a similar experience.

I guess I will insist on having future orders shipped by DHL....

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to let some steam off...

Quick Update:
The knots have been shipped by Shavemac on 16th of March already. Their odyssey took them from Germany to Belgium, to Memphis and then back to France...here they sat for some 5 days and they arrived in the USA on 30th of March. Now, since then they are in customs clearance at Newark airport (so they say) or at the local FEDEX facility a town over from me (this is what the tracking shows me or Shavemac). I have so far 5 or 6 calls into FEDEX and do not get anywhere. I have never experienced such utter incompetence....it is really mind boggling. Yesterday I was given an email address and I sent right away an email to the address, and added also a copy of my import permit. But, still have not received an answer as to when I can expect the knots at my house.

I think the one lesson that both Bernd and I learned is that FEDEX is absolutely incompetent for international shipping. When I get an order from Muehle, they ship UPS and I have it within a couple days here in the USA. All my resin rods ship from the UK and they go DHL and it takes them also two days to get to me.
Due to shipping issues with mail because of the pandemic, Shavemac made the decision to ship international orders with FEDEX only (they have a contract with them). Every shipment since last May was a debacle. Three shipments since then, and every time it was a nightmare. FEDEX is either totally incompetent or employs incompetent people. Speaking with a few people that ship or receive international shipments with FEDEX have a similar experience.

I guess I will insist on having future orders shipped by DHL....

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to let some steam off...

As efficient as FedEx is domestically, it is amazing just how bad they are internationally. Give em hell Rudy and thanks for the update.

Rudy Vey

as I read the two last posts, I am again on the phone with FEDEX. Really cannot wrap my head around how poor their service is.
This is the last call I make and then just wait it out....FEDEX international is absolutely poor performing. I wish their people, who pick up the phones, would speak English enough to communicate with a customer properly. Sad

Rudy Vey

Still no movement on the shipment, say still "Clearance delay".
Called again yesterday, guess this was the 7th call or so...and still do only get the answer
it is in custom clearance waiting for Fish and Game approval.
At this moment, I am not sure when they will release the shipment. I am not getting any answers from
FEDEX that would at least give me an idea when I can get the knots.
Shavemac also works from their side on it, I believe they will start a claim on a lost package...maybe
the only way to get FEDEX off their ***.

Rudy Vey

Still in customs clearance.....provided information that was requested by FEDEX and Fish and Wildlife now several times. I hope that they will be released by the end of this week. This is truly a frustrating experience I really do not need.
I am again planning on making an order, but shipping must changed to a different carrier.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Rudy, I feel for you.

It's not just the wait. It's also knowing the wait is caused by people, systems, and institutions who should and could do better.

Happy shaves anyways,

Jim

Top Bottom