What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 25th - January 31st, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpha Outlaw and Modern Williams with Aqua Velva.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Williams Mug Soap
Razor: Alpha Outlaw
Blade: Dorco Titan (1)
Brush: Zenith S series
AS: Aqua Velva (US in Eur Bottle)
ASB: Aqua Velva 5 in 1 (US)

Tuesday is upon us, eyes forward.
[IMG]

[IMG]

SOTD - Tuesday 26 January 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Theodore Blood of Kings B3 - 27mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Rossa
  • After-Shave: PannaCrema - A Rossa - Balm

SOTD, Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Razorock German 37 Slant
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Long Rifle Soap Company Brown Bess
Aftershave: Old Spice
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
Burberry Britt EDT
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SOTD (026/2021)
26-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210125_191635-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Wickham Soap 1912 ~ Classic 24
Razor: Gillette Tech (pre war)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Razorock Emperor AS, Wickham Classic 24 psb.

Very nice shave, smooth and close. Dfs+ on the neck, bbs on the cheeks. The pre-war tech paired with a sharp blade is a very nice tool (and no shim is of need to get nice results).

Wishing you some great shaves, gents!

Last edited:
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-G_2021-01-26.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC [on custom Olive Wood handle]
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (7)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella

A very nice shave. :biggrin:

I'm really enjoying the five items (above) and think I might stick with them for a while... to help me dial in the magnificent Timeless a bit better.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Tuesday
Preshave: Perricone Super Clean Face Wash /Baxter Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock SLOC
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Thayer’s Original Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

SOTD 26 January 2021

Prep :Cold water
Razor: Max Sprecher
Brush: Chisel & Hound Topaz
Soap: Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
After-shave: Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli

First Shave with my new Max Sprecher Razor, and I must admit, wow what a great edge.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

42A3E774-40F6-4884-B810-8805A0998EA5.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 26, 2021

In honour of my friend Jason’s NB21 win yesterday, I decided to break out the Christopher Bradley safety razor from Karve Shaving. This was my first modern artisan safety razor purchase several years ago and one of only four or five of that grouping that remain in my den, I loaded the D_OC plate and prepared for what turned out to be a superb two ATG pass dome shave. Removed the top from a bump on the left side of the dome during the first pass, which surprising disappeared after relathering the noggin with the A&E Shaving Butter. I’m really starting to like this stuff, and decided to use it in the same way I do my trusty MWF.

So after my three pass mug shave with my still favorite straight, the Manhattan Cutlery French Point 13/16’s Sheffield blade, I washed my mug with the Shaving Butter brush squeezings leaving it on both dome and mug while I cleaned up. The finish involved rinsing the lather off with Humphreys Lilac WH which ended my shave. The shave surfaces feel as if a fine balm was applied leaving me feeling velveteen smooth, clean and ready for another day of leisure! Just kidding, today’s the day I spend volunteering at my local dachshund rescue with my own dachshund, Gromit. His specialty is getting the frightened and abused little ones to come out of their shells and play! He’s quite good at it. Enjoy your day, my shave brothers and sisters.

RAZOR: Sheffield Manhattan Cutlery French Point 13/16 (Mug), Christopher Bradley Safety Razor from Karve Shaving with Wide Body Cap (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth
CREAM/CROAP: A&E Shaving Butter
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
View attachment 1213735
SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 26, 2021

In honour of my friend Jason’s NB21 win yesterday, I decided to break out the Christopher Bradley safety razor from Karve Shaving. This was my first modern artisan safety razor purchase several years ago and one of only four or five of that grouping that remain in my den, I loaded the D_OC plate and prepared for what turned out to be a superb two ATG pass dome shave. Removed the top from a bump on the left side of the dome during the first pass, which surprising disappeared after relathering the noggin with the A&E Shaving Butter. I’m really starting to like this stuff, and decided to use it in the same way I do my trusty MWF.

So after my three pass mug shave with my still favorite straight, the Manhattan Cutlery French Point 13/16’s Sheffield blade, I washed my mug with the Shaving Butter brush squeezings leaving it on both dome and mug while I cleaned up. The finish involved rinsing the lather off with Humphreys Lilac WH which ended my shave. The shave surfaces feel as if a fine balm was applied leaving me feeling velveteen smooth, clean and ready for another day of leisure! Just kidding, today’s the day I spend volunteering at my local dachshund rescue with my own dachshund, Gromit. His specialty is getting the frightened and abused little ones to come out of their shells and play! He’s quite good at it. Enjoy your day, my shave brothers and sisters.

RAZOR: Sheffield Manhattan Cutlery French Point 13/16 (Mug), Christopher Bradley Safety Razor from Karve Shaving with Wide Body Cap (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth
CREAM/CROAP: A&E Shaving Butter
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH.
Another great shave and pic. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom