What's new

Anyone just shave one pass?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE & SE shaving with a mid range razor l like a 2 pass, WTG + ATG with pickups. I get a nice shave usually.
I can use a 1 pass with a Gillette cartridge 5 blade pro glide and it's reasonable shave WTG but not as good as a safety razor with a 2 pass IMO.
So if in a Hurry there are alternatives like my Cartridge pro glide razor for a 1 pass shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Not for me. I might be able to get away with a one pass shave with a cartridge razor but not a DE or and SE. It would have to be ATG to get a half decent shave.

When I started shaving about 8 years ago, when I didn't knew how to shave at all - then I used to shave one pass and hated it as well.

Now, 2 pass minimum, 3 pass desired and if soap, razor, blade and mood are all in harmony, it's BBS+.

I can get by with one pass on my cheeks and lower lip, but I need at least two for the throat.

Generally, this...or two-pass. I can get a decent one pass with a few touch ups where decent = about the same as a Trac II (which is used once in a long while, always one pass). One pass DE is a mix of WTG and XTG.

That's my standard routine. I do a single pass with a bit of buffing as I go, using a fairly aggressive/efficient razor. Mostly WTG, but sometimes XTG depending on the razor.

I’d love to get it done in one pass, but I just can’t. My skin does not like ATG whatsoever, so it’s 2 x XTG in opposite direction and touch-ups for me, which works like a charm. ☺️

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm usually going "freestyle" now. One pass in about 12 different directions, then maybe a second similar pass. Or not.

I tell myself that if I only do one pass it'll be fine for 24 hours, and then I can shave the next day.

The problem is I'm usually too lazy the next day!

Man..... retirement is hard werk!!!

I shave one pass every day, if I try more I get red face, irritation, or shave pimples.

One pass allows me to have the blissful comfy shave. I don't care about closeness, and I need whiskers for next morning.

No, not me. I enjoy the relaxation of my evening shave too much to rush things. Two full passes (WTG and XTG)
with a third ATG pass upper neck to chin. We "hurry up" with too many things in our lives, but for me, shaving is
never a "hurry up" exercise. That's why I shave in the evening, when I can take my time, relax, and enjoy.

I used to shave with only one pass, back when I was new to de shaving. Back then I still had many of my old cartridge shaving bad habits, but now I hate stubble. So it’s the classic wtg, xtg & atg for me now.

With an aggressive razor (R41, Yaqi helmet, etc) I just lather once. After a single pass then buffing multiple angles on the problem areas, I call it quits.

Top Bottom