What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

17,000+ steps...
proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Twenty five minutes of core strengthening. Never did these before. I have a DVD of a bunch of different stuff. I hate to admit it kicked my tail!

FarmerTan

Workday mornings I do Shovelglove
(it is very efficient).

Look it up if you want.​
View attachment 1206838
View attachment 1206834
I spend half an hour walking in the Kroc Center's Lazy River - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday - currently.

⬅ There is a current.

The depth is 3 ft 6 inches.

I walk in all sorts of ways - regular, walking lunges, sideways, backwards, etc. - so my legs are toast by the end of the walk.​
The Kroc Center's pool is mostly fairly shallow, but there's a deep end. Also, two lap lanes (not pictured). Sometimes I swim laps.

The Lazy River is on the backside left from this vantage point. ➡​
View attachment 1206833
View attachment 1206835
I walk with and/or against the current.

With the current is "easier" but perhaps more effective. Counterintuitive? Yes.

Sometimes there are fountains and waterfalls and such to interfere with my pleasure and chill me. When they're turned off I'm happier, so I show up when they're off.​
Generally I end up in the hot tub after the Lazy River. Here the jets are off.

To the degree I can I go when there're very few other people there, which is most of the time.

The Kroc Center is rarely busy or crowded.​
View attachment 1206837

I like my currently workouts and find them pretty effective. The more I do them the better I feel. Ultimately maybe I'll get in better shape, but all I can do is what I can towards that end.

Happy shaves,

Jim
My son was in a Homeskool Co-op when he was younger that took place at a local community college. It had a set-up much like that. Lots of fun, but hard work outs in that lazy river for me when the ankle biters were doing laps and taking lessons!

I loved it the few times I had the hot tub to myself. I hate the bubbles. I like a relaxing soak.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My son was in a Homeskool Co-op when he was younger that took place at a local community college. It had a set-up much like that. Lots of fun, but hard work outs in that lazy river for me when the ankle biters were doing laps and taking lessons!

I loved it the few times I had the hot tub to myself. I hate the bubbles. I like a relaxing soak.

I'm okay with the bubbles, but often don't turn them on. The hot tub allows them to be turned on by anyone (for a specified time), but they can't be turned off (they turn off automatically).

FarmerTan

I'm okay with the bubbles, but often don't turn them on. The hot tub allows them to be turned on by anyone (for a specified time), but they can't be turned off (they turn off automatically).
My in-laws had a hot tub for years. I used to try to get in it first so I could just soak, but then the War Department would show up and she'd turn on the dang sonar and torpedo stuff!

FarmerTan

Work out today was helping my lovely wife AKA "War Department" fill the indoor/outdoor HillBilly woodbox:
IMG_20210114_172806228.jpg

FarmerTan

2 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

18,000+ steps.............
proxy.php
Looks like your step count keeps climbing! I walked in the supermarket with my lovely bride today, and the scale this morning read below 172 for the first time in at least six months!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Looks like your step count keeps climbing! I walked in the supermarket with my lovely bride today, and the scale this morning read below 172 for the first time in at least six months!

Way to go! :thumbup1:

My step count has gone up because I've had trouble sticking with my full weight & stretch routine lately but pacing seems to coincide with current events. :a36:

.... Besides, my Apple Watch told me to. :a30: .... It said if I walked or ran 225.5 miles for the month of January, it would give me a shiny virtual metal. :001_rolle ...I'm currently at 157.2

Wish me luck. I'll need it. :lol:

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

20,000+ steps...
proxy.php

FarmerTan

Way to go! :thumbup1:

My step count has gone up because I've had trouble sticking with my full weight & stretch routine lately but pacing seems to coincide with current events. :a36:

.... Besides, my Apple Watch told me to. :a30: .... It said if I walked or ran 225.5 miles for the month of January, it would give me a shiny virtual metal. :001_rolle ...I'm currently at 157.2

Wish me luck. I'll need it. :lol:

proxy.php

20,000+ steps...
proxy.php
Impressive total steps today! I walked in the store again today, but I get these random, painless migraines (just the auras) that usually soon pass. Today's eventually did, but I was seriously drained after that. Strange. My plan is to do indoor core strengthening tomorrow!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Sunday completed my week in terms of exercise.

Shovelglove 14 minutes M-F, John Henry (meme).480.jpg

Usually I do the lazy river for half an hour on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

This week I did thirty minutes on Tuesday & Thursday. On Sunday I did an hour.

I went to the Kroc Center to do the lazy river yesterday but the pool was temporarily closed.​
LazyRiver.Top.640.JPG

You don't want to know why.

A kid threw up in the pool. Right before I got there.

Told you.

Probably a good thing to take the day off, but I'd rather the day off be Sunday. Definitely a good thing to do a full hour, but I'll be sore as the evening progresses.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom