19-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210119_072818.jpg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Boar/Badger
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill AS. Nivea Cool asb.

I had a comfy shave this morning. BBS in three passes. I cranked up the razor for the atg pass from setting 4 to 7 - and my grungy Slim mowed down the remaining stubble with ease (zero tugging atg with the GP). Not surprisingly, Tabac did a fabulous job. Tabac always does...

SOTD, Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Long Rifle Soap Company Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

19 January, 2021

Gel: Elegance Plus, "Jupiter" scent*
Razor: Mamba 70
Blade: Dorco Prime
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Burberry Brit
*Great product for a fast shave.
Not crazy about the minty "Jupiter" scent, though.
Was hoping for something with a bit more menthol bite.
Best scent to try is "Earth." It's engaging without
being overpowering, and plays well with most frags.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, Jan 19th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd gen Lupo .72- MFG 2021, Excellent razor, mid range, well built and has become one of favorites, carefree for my technique and medium beard type.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(4) excellent blade, Sharp & Smooth with good longevity, my standard for comparing DE blades & razors.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea - interesting scent with excellent lather qualities, good protection + good post shave IMO.
Brush: Yaqi artic sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator, heavenly like soft tips + backbone for a scrub or painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR 2nd gen Lupo .72 with a Gillette Astra SP blade.(I usually don't get this many BBS shaves in a row.)
SOTD, Jan 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

BC5581E2-88F9-434E-8BCD-942C4B9449E8.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 19, 2021

Yesterday’s mug shave met my output requirements, but as we used to say in the sixties, the process was a “bummer”! That shave involved my Riga razor, but I've found the razor itself to be bulky and awkward since acquiring it a few months ago! I know a lot of our younger member’s and even some of our older like these chunky blades, but I'm not one of them! So, for today’s shave I selected one of my three Japanese razors, a silver steel Tanifuji Airi 11/16. This sleek little razor is a pleasure to shave with, and easily whisked away my mug whiskers in two very slow luxurious passes with the Traveling Wilburys’ “End of the Line” playing in the background.

Good things are said to come in threes, and just as I have three Japanese silver steel straight razors, I also have three Shake Sharp SE safety razors. These little beauties were originally designed in the mid to late thirties to work with the thicker carbon steel blades of the era. As the name indicates, they were also designed to be self sharpening and work with DE blades, the thinking being they could extend the usage of said blades. Unfortunately, WW2 intervened, and they weren’t released until 1945, at which time thinner, more corrosion-resistant SS blades were the thing. In any case two stacked SS blades allow for single edge focus and do, as a result, for me, provide a doubling of blade life. In any case the Wilburys, “Handle with Care” again left me refreshed, clean and quite velveteen!

RAZOR: Tanifuji Airi 11/16 (Mug), Shake Sharp SE Nickel Plated Model 2.0 (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse and a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom