What's new

Is there a buying frenzy going on?

Everyone I've heard prefers it in the tubs. For the life of me I don't remember why, but from what I hear, tubs are the way to go. If nothing else, you'll have good presents for pipe smokers in your life.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I smoked a few bowls of it. Seems okay to me. I really enjoyed it. Smells kind of like original redman chew when you smell it out of the pouch Sad to see it possibly being discontinued because this would be something I could smoke daily. Hopefully someone else revives it. I'm kind of newer to pipe smoking. Got started on Captain Black royal then Carter Hall. Tried a few other higher caliber blends but I smoke CH mostly. I'll mix the two pouches of PA I have with some of my CH and throw it in a mason jar for when I'm puttering around. They did have a few tubs of it in stock yesterday at this head shop. Maybe I should pick them up? Would the tubs be fresher than the pouches if it has been sitting for a long time?
As RookieGuy said, tubs will almost always be fresher than the pouches. And they should keep nearly indefinitely until you unseal them. I had some reservations about the later plastic Middleton tubs, but they seem to hold tight.

But make sure you like it. Twelve or fourteen ounces is not an insignificant quantity of something if you don’t like it.

If you really like PA, I’d grab at least a tub or two if it’s there. There are a few here who would probably buy them all on the spot if they could.

As RookieGuy said, tubs will almost always be fresher than the pouches. And they should keep nearly indefinitely until you unseal them. I had some reservations about the later plastic Middleton tubs, but they seem to hold tight.

But make sure you like it. Twelve or fourteen ounces is not an insignificant quantity of something if you don’t like it.

If you really like PA, I’d grab at least a tub or two if it’s there. There are a few here who would probably buy them all on the spot if they could.
So I bought two tubs of PA and a tub of Carter Hall. Think I got what I need for a good while lol. $27 a tub too. Not too shabby.

That is a good price. I just picked up a tub of PA for around $40 here in the Detroit Suburbs. The people at the B&M said they are having trouble getting more in stock and to buy it while you can....not sure if it's just because they want to make a sale or not, it's hard to tell these days but decided to stock up just in case as both of these CLASSIC Blends have been harder to come by lately.

Yea I stocked up too. Just a little.

Attachments

• 1DA71D0B-5566-425B-9177-8BCA7DFADBDC.jpeg
    1DA71D0B-5566-425B-9177-8BCA7DFADBDC.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
Top Bottom