What's new

Karve CB vs RR GameChanger SMOOTHNESS

Karve has multiple plates so to try and make it fair we'll only include Plates A(0.60mm), B(0.73mm), C(0.85) vs the 0.68GC and 0.84GC. I'm interested to hear your comparisons. I only have 0.84GC and I love it.

No feedback to offer but I'm following with interest as I own(and like) the Game Changer with both .68 and .84 SB and have been wanting the Karve CB for some time.

I only have the Karve so I can't compare. I will just add blade exposure info for the Karve in addition the gap you mentioned: A is negative (-0.07mm), B is completely neutral (0mm), and the C is positive (0.09mm).

I slightly prefer my Karve (C Plate) over my .84 Game Changer.

Both are top-notch razors and provide a smooth shave. I'm thinking of picking up a D Plate for the Karve.

I prefer the JAWS for my Game Changer. As for choosing Karve vs. GC. . .flip a coin. They are both great.

I had the GC with both plates.
Just could not get to like that razor, finding it not smooth at all (and sold it to a forum member who loves it...go figure!).
I have the ss Karve with #C and #D plates. The Karve wins...I'm keeping that and getting an #E plate too).

I have only been DE shaving since September of last year, so still pretty new. I have the GC .84mm SB and the Karve B, C and D ( SB ) & B and C ( OC ) plates. Bought the Karve first and started using the SB "C" and then progressing to the SB "D" plate. Great shaves with the SB's and didn't even try the OC's. I was a little afraid of the OC's. I then bought the GC .84 SB and it too gave me great shaves.

I was bored one day and tried the Karve OC "C". Best shave I had had yet. Very efficient and very smooth. I don't have a heavy or thick beard, but this OC felt great.

So many times with a SB, going over the same spot, the soap would be gone and the razor kind of hangs up and sometimes nicked me. The OC leaves some some soap behind and would just glide on. I feel more of the blade with the OC not in a bad way, but more of a smooth way.

I had Karve D, F plates (SB) and both GC plates as well as Jaws .84. I liked GC .84 SB the most. Jaws felt smoother but tended to nick, and Karve I liked the least.
Sold them all in the end.

I currently own both, the brass Karve CB with a solid bar C plate and a RR Gamechanger .84P with the solid bar. To me both are excellent razors that are built very well, you really can't go wrong with either one. I rotate between the two but prefer and reach the Karve more. The Karve in my experience has a bit more bite to it but once you nail the angle its just so smooth and efficient. The Gamechanger is smooth as well but just slightly less efficient, what it does have over the Karve however is the smaller and lighter head. It feels more nimble and easier to maneuver under the nose and in general. Both provide really good shaves and are the razors I reach for the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GC 0.84-P and Rockwell 6C R5/6 are my two go to razors but I'm really interested in picking up a Karve cb as well I'm just not sure which plate to choose C or D ? I shave every 2/3 days so I need some efficiency but not necessarily over aggressive

GC 0.84-P and Rockwell 6C R5/6 are my two go to razors but I'm really interested in picking up a Karve cb as well I'm just not sure which plate to choose C or D ? I shave every 2/3 days so I need some efficiency but not necessarily over aggressive
I have GC .84, Rocwell 6c (using plates 4 or 5) and Karve C/D/E SB plates in my regular rotation. For me Karve with D plate is almost identical to GC .84 (smoothness and efficiency) and slightly more efficient than Rocwell 6c on 4. Between these 3, I definitely prefer Karve and GC over Rocwell 6c.

I have the Karve OC D plate and GC84. GC84 feels smoother and more enjoyable to use. Karve is not bad but it's got a lot more bite and not as smooth. It's plenty efficient though.

Top Bottom