What's new

Anyone excited about Hockey? NHL 2021

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The releasing of the Kraken shall not be until next year.

Yup, I walked right into that one. 🤬
Oh I thought they started play Wednesday. Well if what you say is true I'll bet on them not to make the playoffs this year. Thanks for the inside info!

I am in Michigan. I doubt the DeadWings will give me much to get excited over.
Nope. They shall very likely suck wind again this year.

They have had so many great teams over the years and need to rebuild. Be thankful... the Leafs have been trying to rebuild for 53 years. 😢

Vegas won last night! I've only been a hockey fan since Vegas got a team so I'm new. I don't understand a lot of their personnel decisions during the off-season. Pietrangelo is going to be a great pick up obviously but they got rid of a lot of good players. The goalie situation is weird. And I'm still not a fan of the coach. But I'll root for 'em anyway.

Owen Bawn

Thatcher Demko stood on his head last night for Vancouver but still managed to let 5 goals in.

The Devils continued their proud tradition of losing shootouts. We’ve gone to the shootout more than any team in the league except Florida, and have a winning percentage under .500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Devils continued their proud tradition of losing shootouts. We’ve gone to the shootout more than any team in the league except Florida, and have a winning percentage under .500.

I really dislike shootouts anyways. Just a sucky way to end a great game after 5 min of back and forth 3 on 3.

3-3 is exciting and it would be super rare for nobody to score in that format after 2-3 5min periods. A player falls or stays out too long and it’s over.

Owen Bawn

I'd like to see a club go 0-0-0-86, losing 86 shootouts, but squeaking into the playoffs with the 86 points. Then they win the Stanley Cup.

Owen Bawn

The releasing of the Kraken shall not be until next year.

Yup, I walked right into that one. 🤬
The internet is wicked smart. Ever since we posted about the Krakens* this morning I've been getting adverts to buy Krakens merchandise on my screen. All day long I've been getting them.

* I know they are the Kraken but I'll always call them the Krakens because it sounds stupider.

Owen Bawn

Did yiz see Connor McDavid's second goal last night? He is the fastest skater I've ever seen.

I really dislike shootouts anyways. Just a sucky way to end a great game after 5 min of back and forth 3 on 3.

3-3 is exciting and it would be super rare for nobody to score in that format after 2-3 5min periods. A player falls or stays out too long and it’s over.

Going with 3 on 3 for overtime was one of the best rules changes the NHL has come up with. Just fun, fast-paced, enjoyable hockey.

Devils went to OT again in their second game, also against the Bruins. This time they won it with a fantastic play by Yegor Sharandovich, with 1.7 seconds left!

Owen Bawn

Dear Ontarians:
Although it's only the first week I'm afraid your Maple Leafs will disappoint you once again.

Top Bottom