What's new

Anyone excited about Hockey? NHL 2021

My beloved Leafs are back on the ice tonight and I am looking forward to all of the excitement, high expectations.... and then the annual crushing of my dreams in the playoffs (if they even make them) as is tradition.

I’m 51 and the Leafs last won the Cup when I was -2. Yup, not in my friggin’ life and I live arguably in the global hub of the game.

I think the Leafs have a great team this year, but likely not enough to go all the way.

What are you looking forward to this NHL season and who are you cheering for?

So glad to have the NHL back. I will be flying the flag of my beloved NJ Devils, despite the fact that our team just isn’t very good right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad to have the NHL back. I will be flying the flag of my beloved NJ Devils, despite the fact that our team just isn’t very good right now.

You had your run. 😜

Great place to see a game and good fans. I saw NJ play a while back in Newark with my son and had a great time. Dinosaur BBQ for food and drinks, arena for the game and then get the hell out of Newark! 🤪

You had your run. [emoji12]

Great place to see a game and good fans. I saw NJ play a while back in Newark with my son and had a great time. Dinosaur BBQ for food and drinks, arena for the game and then get the hell out of Newark! [emoji2957]

And it was a great run, with the GOAT of goaltending. I don’t take it for granted!

As far as going to a game in Newark, that’s pretty much the way to do it! The area around the Rock is terrific on game day, and is fairly safe most of the time. I wouldn’t venture far outside that area, though. In addition to Dinosaur, there’s a few good places right near there, including a very cool beer garden! And there’s always Hobby’s deli a few blocks away, which is a cool spot.

I look forward to be able to go to games again (I’m due to get my first vaccine dose next week, so as soon as they allow fans, I’ll be good to go!). The Rock is only about a 15 minute drive from my house, I’m just hoping the post-covid demand doesn’t drive ticket prices sky high!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
If Boston don't win I always pull for whichever Canadian clubs remain in the playoffs. It makes me sick to see clubs in Florida or the deserts of the American southwest hoisting the Cup. Although I'd have to swallow hard to support Les Habitants...

Blues.jpg

Go Colorado!
Go Avs!!
Win it all!
I saw the Avs play at the Pepsi Center (now Ball) 3-4 years ago. So weird seeing hockey live on a Saturday @ 1:00pm. I had a blast though.

I was stranded due to snow on a work trip and got a weekend to wander around downtown Denver.

I am a big hockey fan and go to any NHL game I can in Toronto, Buffalo or during travel. 👍

I love hockey too.
I’m a big Pioneers fan too.
Do you work in oil and gas?
I’ve worked for Encana and worked with and for Canadians. Fine folks they are! I’ve seen the Maple Leafs play in Denver. I go as often as I can.

If Boston don't win I always pull for whichever Canadian clubs remain in the playoffs. It makes me sick to see clubs in Florida or the deserts of the American southwest hoisting the Cup. Although I'd have to swallow hard to support Les Habitants...

Bruins @ Devils tonight at 7:00! Looking forward to it!

I love hockey too.
I’ve worked for Encana and worked with and for Canadians. Fine folks they are! I’ve seen the Maple Leafs play in Denver. I go as often as I can.
Nope. I worked for a Telecom company and had 2 weeks of training in Broomfield. Broomfield sucked (small suburb closer to Boulder) but I loved Denver. Denver downtown was smaller than I thought it was though... in a good way.

I haven’t seen the Leafs anywhere except Ottawa, Buffalo and Toronto. I did see the Jays play the Yanks in NY, but that’s a different sport. 😜

Owen Bawn

I love hockey too.
We need to get a college hockey thread going here.

Owen Bawn

Nope. I worked for a Telecom company and had 2 weeks of training in Broomfield. Broomfield sucked (small suburb closer to Boulder) but I loved Denver. Denver downtown was smaller than I thought it was though... in a good way.

I haven’t seen the Leafs anywhere except Ottawa, Buffalo and Toronto. I did see the Jays play the Yanks in NY, but that’s a different sport. 😜
One time I was drinking and eating oysters at the Union Oyster House not too far from the Boston Garden, and in walked Frank Mahovlich and Harry Sinden. My friend was drunk, and when I pointed Frank Mahovlich out to him he staggered over to Frank and said "You were good, but I always liked your brother Pete better. 'Pistol Pete' Maravich." Of course, Pistol Pete Maravich was a pro basketball player. Frank laughed, I apologised, and hustled my friend outside.

Top Bottom