Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Feather (8)
Brush: Knothead Boar
Soap: Stirling One

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling One

The Process-
TGITHMF! That’s right friends and neighbors, Thank Goodness It’s Thursday My Friday and I’m wrapping up my short week.

Quick note: I did have to make an adjustment on my shave count. I forgot to add the DE shave yesterday. I was running a bit behind again this morning, so I stayed with the Slim. I did change out the brush and went back to a boar though. It was also in the high 30’s this morning, so the scuttle got the nod as well. The boar worked well and delivered a warm lather, but the Badger from yesterday held more heat. Still all good.

I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report! A great shave and I am BBS for the win! Finished up with a rinse and splash of the AS and everything was right as rain! I’m going to miss this one, it’s a great scent. Life is good!

Home Front-
So my eldest stepson is at home and recovering from his heart attack. My brother got his COVID results and he is negative. He just needs to finish his antibiotics to clear up his strep (sp?). The stepdaughter is still feeling like hammered dog crap, but she is not hospitalized, so that’s good. I think that’s all I have today. Thanks everyone for the: prayers, positive energy, happy thoughts, well wishes, etc!

53EDD462-E7F2-4BCB-B6F4-C37E67F95846.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 455 SE: 9 SR: 606)

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Scuttle: PAA Brush Warmer
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Ralf Aust SR
Blade: none
Brush: SV/TSC LE Badger
Soap: PAA Porthos

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: PAA Porthos

The Process-
A-MAZ-ING! That was one outstanding shave! Loaded the brush for 15 seconds with a warm, damp brush and I probably could have done 10 seconds. The lather was warm and the scent was awesome!

10 laps on cotton and 40 on leather and the Aust was ready for action. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Did I mention that they were three glorious passes? The warm lather provided the slick and the Aust effortlessly removed any stubble in its path. Yes my friends, I am BBS for the win! Man oh man ... that warm post shave lather. Mmmmmm.

Wrapped everything up with a quick rinse and pat dry. A splash of the AS ... and a second splash and everything was right as rain! A very luxurious shave and I am ready for the day. Life is good!

63836666-9DEC-4B20-A83D-25266B47DB64.jpeg

Saturday Shave
Shave Count (DE: 455 SE: 9 SR: 607)

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Knothead Boat
Soap: Stirling Alighieri

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Alighieri

050B5442-D5CB-49D9-AFC6-AB06D0A5DF3E.jpeg

Today’s Shave
Shave Count (DE: 456 SE: 9 SR: 607)

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: PAA Brush Warmer
Splash and go

Shave-
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpson 46 Badger
Soap: Stirling Nag Champa

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Stirling Nag Champa

A9F4B899-DDF0-4139-85E4-3745D7AECDD6.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 456 SE: 9 SR: 607)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Three Ranners SR
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia Badger
Soap: Krokos

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: Avon Everest

The Process-
Great shave this morning. I scored the day off, so it was a late morning shave. Krokos hasn’t been on deck for awhile, so it got the nod. Paired it with the Avon Everest, which is another winner.

Clean shaved and smelling great. Life is good!

F849AA58-C228-475C-8EEA-1975D571C148.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 456 SE: 9 SR: 608)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Knothead Boar

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
A very nice shave this morning. The last time I used Stirling One, the missus commented on it. I mentioned that I was burning through that one and it’s unobtainium. She asked me to set it aside for occasional use. So ... here we are with the Alighieri. My standard shave and everything was right as rain! And of course ... Life is good!

Home Fromt-
The missus and I had a Rona test today ... don’t ask. And the great news is that my @Graydog boar brush is in the house. It finally came in after a “delay” with the Post Office. It has been outfitted with a new Boar knot from Shave Forge and will be on deck tomorrow. My brother and stepson are doing a lot better and the stepdaughter seems to be getting better as well. Thank everyone again for the prayer, positive energy and thoughts.

A702C6B1-8E1B-4E09-ABF6-90EB57112412.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 457 SE: 9 SR: 608)

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Blade: Feather
Brush: Graydog Boar

Post Shave-
Post shave lather

The Process-
A very nice shave again today, this Feather just keeps rocking on. Got the Graydog Boar back after a re-knot. This knot is a Shave Forge and a first use for me. Steve said it shed about 30 hairs when he cleaned it and it shed 5 or 6 during my shave. It will take a bit to break in, but I have time. Life is good!

Top Bottom