What's new

One month mark

So im trying to grow a handlebar moustache for the second time. First time round i let it grow for 3 months but had to shave it because i started a new job.

its at the stage now where its trying to enter my mouth and getting afew fly aways. Wax dosent seem to help at this stage the hair just does what it wants.. i guess the point of this post is to introduce myself to this forum and show off my baby stache.. lol
20201228_063728-01.jpeg

Welcome. Looks good. I had a mustache for years, starting in the late 60s. I even grew a full beard between Labor and Memorial Day in the 1980s & 90s . At some point in the late 1990s, after shoulder surgery, I shaved everything off and buzzed my hair. Lazy by nature, I've been doing it ever since.

Welcome. Looks good. I had a mustache for years, starting in the late 60s. I even grew a full beard between Labor and Memorial Day in the 1980s & 90s . At some point in the late 1990s, after shoulder surgery, I shaved everything off and buzzed my hair. Lazy by nature, I've been doing it ever since.
Thankyou. Im still not sure whether it will suit my face or not but im going for it anyway.. im learning facial hair can require a fair amount of up keep to keep it looking good.

Great looking handlebar in the making. Don’t trim the hairs just train them to the sides with your thumb and index finger. Good luck. 👍🏽

Looks great at 1 month; much fuller than mine. From what I have researched, the next few weeks will require patience to not trim, but the reward a few weeks out will be great!

Great looking handlebar in the making. Don’t trim the hairs just train them to the sides with your thumb and index finger. Good luck. 👍🏽
Scissors wont go anywhere near this moustache.. ive been using wax and a comb and i must say its alot more compliant then the first time i tried growing one...

Wow. That looks really great.
Thankyou for the feedback i appreciate it.. ive been growing it for over two months now and no one i know has said a single thing about.. no negative or positive comments from family or friends.. i guess they except it in its full glory.. its only going to get bigger and better from here on out..🤙

I am also exactly at two months, but I feel like I have the world's slowest moustache growth. It is nice and full above the lip, but there is no length at all at the ends; just looks like a thick chevron stache. I am just now beginning to see the hint of an outward swoop.

Yours has a very nice classic graceful swoop. Awesome shape and great length at two months.

strop

Now half as wise
Good job! You are past the most difficult stage. From here on out it is just letting it grow a nd keep training it. It is very symmetrical, and if you have not trimmed it at all, you are very lucky. You may find in the future that you need to trim the ends a bit for symmetry. Never trim both sides at the same time and never more than 1/8 inch. What looks lopsided today may look fine tomorrow!

Good job! You are past the most difficult stage. From here on out it is just letting it grow a nd keep training it. It is very symmetrical, and if you have not trimmed it at all, you are very lucky. You may find in the future that you need to trim the ends a bit for symmetry. Never trim both sides at the same time and never more than 1/8 inch. What looks lopsided today may look fine tomorrow!
So much this! It's so very easy to come back at it in a day or two and trim off just a little more. The only thing easier is to take off just a little bit too much.

Top Bottom