What's new

Timeless Stainless Steel Slim (OC + Smooth Cap) | Overview | First Shave Report

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #5
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-B_2021-01-12.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget (new)
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC (on custom Olive Wood handle)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

This is fun. I'm getting to know the Timeless much better.

The only change today was my new replacement Omega Mixed Midget brush. Naturally it was bit scritchy but had top scores in every other department. I love the wee Mixed Midgets and have high hopes for this one. :001_smile

Happy Shaves guys. :cornut:

Scroll down to the bottom of the text on THIS PAGE. The bottom line of text shows the blade exposure as 0.05mm (0.002").

TMK the only razor manufacturers that mention "blade exposure" are Karve, Timeless, and RazoRock (although RazoRock give no figures, just "positive," "neutral," and "negative").
Thanks, I see it now.

I've been enjoying my Ti Slim. To me it matches the Blackbird's efficiency but is more user friendly. It's become kind of a favorite.

Cal, I like your review. I like my Ti so much I may just have to get a stainless Slim baseplate as well. :thumbup:

• Cheers
Reactions: Cal
Cal, I like your review. I like my Ti so much I may just have to get a stainless Slim baseplate as well. :thumbup:
Thank you, Cino.

I think a polished SS baseplate would look good sandwiched between your matte Titanium cap and handle. I would prefer it too, as it would give the head more weight (but that's me).

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #6
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-K_2021-01-17.jpg

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget (2)
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC [on custom Olive Wood handle] (6)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
ASL: Fine Snake Bite

A fine shave. :biggrin:

As my first five shaves with the Timeless have all been 24 hour jobs, I decided to check it with a bit more growth. A five day mini beard... demolished easily. :001_smile

The love has started. The Timeless is eyeing my three DEs on the podium, and I suspect it will be reorganizing them soon. :yesnod:

The Mixed Midget is doing a great job, scritch and all. I'm considering using only it till the scritch has gone (only another ~38 shaves to go then :001_unsur).

The post-shave Snake Bite was a bit of fun, and the chill lasted for a good 15 minutes. The post-shave aroma of mandarins and menthol is kinda strange, but pleasant enough.

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #7
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-W_2021-01-21.jpg

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget (3)
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC [on custom Olive Wood handle]
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (4)
ASL: Proraso Red

A good shave. :biggrin:

3½ days growth today. I should stop being a slob and get back on the daily schedule. :001_rolle
The Timeless is definitely a good un'.

With all that time to think between shaves, I decided to give my old Proraso Red favorites some attention. Their sandalwood scent is simply THE BEST (IMO). Although it was a fine shave, I have to admit that the TFS soaps are definitely a notch (or more) higher in performance than good ol' Proraso Red (for me anyway).

On its third outing the Mixed Midget continues to do an excellent job.

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #8

SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-R_2021-01-22.jpg

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: TFS Mattino
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (5)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A super shave. :biggrin:

Today's mail brought a very early Christmas present in the form of TFS Mattino shaving soap. Another great performing TFS soap with a pleasant fresh scent... it's just a tad on the flowery side for me though. (TFS Mandarino Tachibana has the best scent of any shaving soap I've tried so far.) Several hours post-shave I'm still smelling the somewhat heady mix of Mattino and Clubman VIBR.

The Personna Red felt way sharper today. I've no idea what caused that, but I've certainly got no objection to my blades getting sharper in use. :001_smile

Today's team was great, and of course all the players perform better when their team mates are on top form. I can only say that the team manager is highly chuffed. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #9

SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-Y_2021-01-24.jpg

Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella

A top class shave. :biggrin:

Back to my first (and probably favorite) TFS shaving soap and aftershave today. Simple and excellent (IMO of course).

I have a feeling that the Timeless will be on that podium by the end of my next shave. :yesnod:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great review pics and info on follow on shaves. Very intriguing for sure. I think this puppy would be much too aggressive for me but I’m headed over to the timeless site to investigate further.

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #10
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-G_2021-01-26.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (7)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella

A very nice shave. :biggrin:

I'm really enjoying the five items (above) and think I might stick with them for a while... to help me dial in the magnificent Timeless a bit better.

Glad to see you're enjoying the Slim. I have a Ti Slim on the way to replace my SS .95 plate and am looking forward to trying it.

Reactions: Cal
Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #11
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-B_2021-01-27.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (8)
ASL: Clubman

A good shave. :biggrin:

(As usual) all the team performed very nicely, including the new member. Clubman ASL.

Before today the only Clubman I'd used was VIBR. The last time I used Clubman VIBR was Friday. Purely by chance I happened upon the Every Friday is Clubman Friday thread just after that shave, so I posted my SOTD there. After a little more reading I discovered that the thread was intended for the original Clubman ASL. I PMd David @never-stop-learning to ask him about its scent — he obliged in excellent detail and I purchased a 50ml bottle straight away (unaccustomed as I am to doing such things :001_rolle).

My new small bottle of Clubman ASL arrived this morning. On sniffing it the top notes were quite pleasant, but applying it post-shave was a different (and very satisfying) experience. My instant first thought was "So THIS is what a barbershop scent smells like, GREAT."

So much for me sticking to yesterday's five shaving items. But I do think I'll go on a mini Fixed Four (meaning I can choose any ASL I feel like).

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #12
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-K_2021-01-28_2.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (9)
ASL: Fine Snake Bite

A fine shave. :biggrin:
Very nice, with some eye-watering chill to finish off with. :osage:

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #13

SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-W_2021-01-29.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (10)

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
It was one of those low-effort/high-awareness shaves. High accuracy + less pressure = more whiskers removed. :smartass:

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #14 :001_wub:
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-R_2021-01-30.jpg

Soap: Rasozero Barbacco
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (11)

Another excellent shave. :biggrin:
Rasozero soap number two sneaked in today. I love it (especially at £3.60 per tub). What was that about a Fixed Four? :letterk1:

Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #15 :001_wub:
SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-Y_2021-01-31.jpg

Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (12)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

Another fine shave. :biggrin:
I wonder if I have the willpower to stick to this Fixed Four for a while. Two days in so far. :letterk1: :laugh:

Last edited:
Timeless SSSlim OC SOTD #16 and OBIF SOTD #1 :001_wub:

SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-G_2021-02-01.jpg

Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)

A super shave. :biggrin:

The Personna Red (as most folk called it five years back) instantly became my benchmark blade from first use in December 2015. My blades and I have been round the block a few times since then. Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to go back to the old tried and true for this 2021 OBIF.

Top Bottom