Tuesday shave

29307F65-F840-4B49-8A71-1273EBD4867F.jpeg

Prep: Neutrogena Razor Defense face scrub
Soap: Dr. Jon's Runaway
Brush: Shavemac Two-band badger
Razor: Parker 24C, shave #4
Blade: Astra SP, #4
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Dr. Jon's Runaway aftershave

Two-passes, minimal feedback, DFS+ with a small, typical patch of CCS on the right side of my neck. Overall shave, though? A solid 10 out of 10. This was one of those where everything came together: blade, razor, brush, soap, aftershave, and scent. I was in no hurry and had a great shave soundtrack: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts Greatest Hits, natch (per Dr. Jon's, she was the muse for soap and aftershave).

SOTD-Timeless-SSSlim-B_2021-01-12.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget (new)
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Timeless SSSlim OC (on custom Olive Wood handle)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

This is fun. I'm getting to know the Timeless much better.

The only change today was my new replacement Omega Mixed Midget brush. Naturally it was bit scritchy but had top scores in every other department. I love the wee Mixed Midgets and have high hopes for this one. :001_smile

Happy Shaves guys. :cornut:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4C024E7F-79A5-441B-BF21-325271822FBF.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) United Kingdom: Shave Gel Prince Sensitive Shave Gel.
3) Multinational: Razor Prince Maximum 2 disposable. Blades made in the USA, Assembled in Mexico and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Prince Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Adidas Ice Dive Cologne.

Wed 13th SOTD
Soap Stone Cottage Musk
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Dorco Prime Platinum 1st time testing this new blade
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Very nice unassuming soap which is easy to lather and performs great! Thickly creamy and slick with a nice musky scent. The brush is a super nice handle and very soft on the face.
The shave with razor paired with the new blade was quite good. Sharpish, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any nicks weepers nor irritation for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Rating 9.5/10
20210113_102706.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Wow. How did it lather?
It lathers well but sadly none of the great smell of Brut remains; I use it very rarely and only scrape a tiny amount from the underside of the puck. I have never seen another Faberge Brut shaving soap and am not even certain it is a genuine Faberge product as I cannot find any pictures on the Internet with which to compare it. It is certainly decades old though going by the appearance and the stearic acid surface spots.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Flying Hide
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacets #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: AP Shave Company 24mm SynBad Fan w/ Ivory Green Handle
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: West Coast Shaving Fougere
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving Fougere
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

637CCA5A-95D6-4381-BAF3-1F9433E402E2.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, Day 4 Gillette Focus, January 13, 2021

Here we are on Day 4 of the Gillette safety razor focus, and it was time to pull out my favorite shaving Gillette, the New LC. This safety razor is hands down my favorite dome shaving Gillette. It never fails to deliver a very close, smooth noggin shave, and it certainly didn’t disappoint this morning. Equipped with a Kai blade it swept away the dome stubble while providing that blade feel I so enjoy. The mug shave that followed featured my Wade & Butcher 7/8 with its retouched Naniwa 12k/Jasper stone edge. Three delightfully slow buttery smooth passes completed this morning’s shave and put the baby to bed. I feel refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), Gillette New LC (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom