What's new

January 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in
Broke out my g5 tonight. I have been using an app to track how many shaves are on each blade in my injectors, it's been very helpful. I've really been getting on with the fat recently, it's great.
0112212112~2.jpg

Still in.

Preshave: Hot washcloth, Nuage oil
Soap: Palmolive, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razors: GC.84 OC, Astra SP #12, GC.84 SB, Wizamet SI #7
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Got an easy near-BBS.

Meanwhile, couldn't get the maybe-or-maybe-not Personna 74 out of the dispenser — it looks like 2 blades are stuck together with old oil. Maybe I need to disassemble the dispenser:

DSCN4774_compacted.JPG

Williams Wednesday.

Blackland Blackbird Brass and Modern Williams with Aqua Velva.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Williams Mug Soap
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC and SB)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (5)
Brush: Zenith Big Scrubby Boar
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue (Eur)
ASB: Aqua Velva (Eur)

Just a great shave.
[IMG]

[IMG]

When I was boxing up my Simpson my wife asked what I’d bought. I told her I was trading it out and coming up with a get rid of list. Her jaw dropped and she said “Wa what???”
I also am clearing some items. I think I'm going to sell all my de razors except for my ikon OC, Gillette new short comb, blackbird, and 1960 superspeed. I'm only holding onto the superspeed because it's my dad's birth year/quarter razor.

I also am clearing some items. I think I'm going to sell all my de razors except for my ikon OC, Gillette new short comb, blackbird, and 1960 superspeed. I'm only holding onto the superspeed because it's my dad's birth year/quarter razor.
I am on a boring conference call now going thru my shaving stuff filling a PIF box for a B&B member in India as I type. I have way too much stuff. I will also be selling/trading some soap/blades/razors/brushes in the near future.

I’ve already given away my less expensive and more forgiving razors to potential new traditional wet shavers. I’ve also traded or given away some of my spares/disliked razors. I only have about four left that I use on a regular basis. I have another 8 that are just too pretty or I like to use once in a blue moon. I can’t bring myself to part with them. I still have a few razors that need to find a home with the right person. E.g. RR Hawk v2, and that RR 1/2 DE model I can’t remember the name of but hate.

I’ve already given away my less expensive and more forgiving razors to potential new traditional wet shavers. I’ve also traded or given away some of my spares/disliked razors. I only have about four left that I use on a regular basis. I have another 8 that are just too pretty or I like to use once in a blue moon. I can’t bring myself to part with them. I still have a few razors that need to find a home with the right person. E.g. RR Hawk v2, and that RR 1/2 DE model I can’t remember the name of but hate.
The Eco? I gave mine away, it was junk imo.

Still in, back to the SB sample today and it definitely has T&H beat with this one. Another good outing for the King C blade as well.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Charcoal Face Wash
- Clinique for Men Exfoliating Tonic
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- Saponificio Bignoli Indian Sandalwood (Sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Aftershave Balm (sample)
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jaggwr DE86
- Gillette King C (2)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Tried some Noxzema as a pre-shave today. That's usually a summer thing, but I've been indoors too much with the heat on. More a face wash than a preshave, actually. I wash virtually all of it off before lathering. But goodness I love that camphor and clove and eucalyptus scent!

Trying to squeeze one more shave out of the Shark SS was no problem- it's still got 2-3 more in it. Gillette red tip, Simpsons Eagle G3 Super, JM Fraser's cream, and St John's Lime Cologne to finish.
Still in.

Still in ........
89547519-E19D-4E4E-8E86-F5C9302946B1.jpeg

Been shaving with this setup for several days now ..... and having trouble getting a comfortable shave out of the Rex. I’m getting close ones, as always, just kind of harsh. That’s surprising because I bought it after loving my super smooth experience with a pass-around. I’m not sure about the Astra blade as I’ve had mixed experience with it. And varying the Rex setting has no effect other than to reduce the shave closeness result. But I’m thinking it is the Atiga Barbearia cream. Doesn’t seem real slick or cushiony. Been varying the wetness ..... but wetter seems worse. So going drier tomorrow ....... and after that I’ll try a squeeze of glycerine.

And then I’ll give up and change everything.

Sill in:
Razor: Merkur Progress 510 Long Handle #3​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter​
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Proraso White for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​

Top Bottom