What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

J.R. Torrey Co.
WK Chypre Rose Concerto
Semogue 1305
Tony Miller Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
WK Chypre Rose Concerto AS splash

20210112_103512.jpg

2nd day of COVID quarantine. this razor is a puzzler and kinda ticks/honks me off. mass produced American blade. No exaggeration, I would put this specific razors blade and edge up against any of the fine razors in my stable.......and that's saying a lot.

be well all. hanging on........ and hanging in there with Faith.

camo
Good luck and I hope your quarantine goes easily for you. I’m sure all your razors will be honed to within an inch of their life.

Tuesday's shave- excellent two-pass, with a little touch up, 9.9/10, DFS++, no nicks, no weepers, no real irritation.

Razor: Feather AC DX western style
Blade: Kai Potouch MG(3)
Brush: Klenzo vintage-
re-knotted and weighted by me, 18mm
Soap: B&M Seville- I like the great lather from this soap
Post shave: cool rinse, alum, then a healthy splash of Superior 70- a neat bay rum
I did feel the alum a bit today under my jaw line where I did some ATG touch up.

I didn't post yesterday, but I used the same razor, a Duke 2 brush, Stirling Orange Chill, and Proraso Green balm for another fine shave.

Daily shaving is fun!
PXL_20210112_172952350.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Tuesday morning shave

Razor: Koeller’s Gun-Metal
Brush: Badger
Soap: Portus Cale

A fine shave this rainy morning. Koeller is growing on me. A hollow grind and very light, nimble and unforgiving razor. Super close comfortable shave. Portus Cale feels great on my skin, super slick. Happy Tuesday!

0958A86C-7F66-472A-96CA-731CC91AF261.jpeg

9/10

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R3)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 (aka The Lather Cannon)
Soap: Proraso Single Blade
Post Shave: Alum block, Leather and Wood ASB

Beard growth was feeling lighter than normal today so instead of using the usual R4/R3 combination I stuck with the R3 plate for all three passes. Result was TBS (Totally Bomb Shave). After six months or so of wet shaving, with consistent focus on technique and the right combination of products (both hardware and software) I'm finally getting consistently bomb shaves.

Rating this one 9.8 (possibly better).

Last edited:
another Tuesday another (almost) Tabac shave :)

IMG_20210112_201008.jpg

Proraso Red pre | TFS Granducato Toscano | Yaqi Rainbow | Merkur 37c + Rapira SuperStainless | Tabac AS Splash

Cold water, 3 pass shave to a decent DFS. I'm starting to love this soap, not sure if it's because of the novelty, but it whips up a dense and performing lather with a nice and subtle herby scent. The brush also is a lathering machine! quite comfortable to handle and soft on the skin. The blade on the other end is rather mediocre on me, I couldn't get a bbs and I settled for comfort. Ending with Tabac after shave so I can smell like an old lady for the rest of the evening. :D

8/10

My Tuesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Merkur Progress 510 Long Handle #4​
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele - 24mm Mother Load​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Every Man Jack Fragrance Free: Menthyl, chamomile, shea butter, vitamin E​
Rating: 9.2/10 An extremely close shave!
  • No irritation per se, but one small razor burn spot
  • One cut and one nick
  • I guess I was rushing my shave and didn't realize it. It could have been a DFS and a 10. I got the razor burn on my neck from going too fast. I cut my lower lip when shaving the corner of my upper lip; it cleaned up with my rinse though
proxy.php

Today:

Soap & AS - Ethos Greenfresh
Brush - Elite Azurite / Manchurian
Razor - Wolfman WR1 .61
Blade - GSP

Smooth shave. GSPs in the Wolfman make the shave easy; no irritation; certainly not a weeper or nick. Other blades may get closer but this is just clean and easy.

Rating: 9.7/10 (because it isn't the very closest of shaves; just comfortable and easy)
2021.01.12 - SOTD - WR1 Ethos Green Elite.jpeg

Pre: Hot Towel
Brush: Zenith 50/50 Horse Hair
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Soap: PdP No. 63
Bowl: Captains Large Copper Bowl
Razor: Timeless SS. Scalloped .95

Zenith just makes great brushes at a great price

Second day using PdP No. 63, this time without the extra water, have been pleasantly surprised with this soap, it lathers great and has good slickness, fragrance is very nice

Decided to see if I can work with the Timeless SS Scalloped. .95, and use a Voskhod blade one of the smoothest blades around, yet still fairly sharp.

3 pass BBS Shave did not try to push it, no weepers, nicks, or cuts, no irritation.

Maybe I just need to continue working on my technique, we will see how efficient this set up was tomorrow morning.

9.5/10, just because I could not just relax with the shave until I use this setup more.

So I think I will keep the .95 base, always be learning!
A60C4643-0A76-4576-B217-6339142AF612.jpeg

J.R. Torrey Co.
WK Chypre Rose Concerto
Semogue 1305
Tony Miller Strop
Jnat Shobu Finish
WK Chypre Rose Concerto AS splash

20210112_103512.jpg

2nd day of COVID quarantine. this razor is a puzzler and kinda ticks/honks me off. mass produced American blade. No exaggeration, I would put this specific razors blade and edge up against any of the fine razors in my stable.......and that's saying a lot.

be well all. hanging on........ and hanging in there with Faith.

camo

Sorry to hear you are also in quarantine :(
Hope you don't get any symptoms...

- Prep: Shower
- Brush: Simpson M7 Best
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
- Blade: Lord Platinum Class (1)
- Soap: St James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot cream
- Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive balm
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose and Hyaluronic Acid

Excellent nighttime shave. One quick dip into the St James cream and the M7 held enough for about 5 passes. Crazy lather.

The Lord Platinum Class blades are a perfect starter blade IMO. Pretty difficult to cut yourself even with pressure. Nice smooth blade but not super sharp.

9.5/10

Wed 13th SOTD
Soap Stone Cottage Musk
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Dorco Prime Platinum 1st time testing this new blade
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Very nice unassuming soap which is easy to lather and performs great! Thickly creamy and slick with a nice musky scent. The brush is a super nice handle and very soft on the face.
The shave with razor paired with the new blade was quite good. Sharpish, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any nicks weepers nor irritation for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Rating 9.5/10
20210113_102706.jpg

Τετάρτη. Καλές οι πληροφορίες εχτές. Θα επιστρέψουν χρήμα...

Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade : Nacet (3)
Brush : Simpsons S1 best badger
Soap : rasoZERO / barbacco.

WTG=>XTG=> DFS 10.0/10.0

Williams Wednesday.

Blackland Blackbird Brass and Modern Williams with Aqua Velva.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Williams Mug Soap
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC and SB)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (5)
Brush: Zenith Big Scrubby Boar
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue (Eur)
ASB: Aqua Velva (Eur)
Rating: 9.5/10

Just a great shave.
[IMG]

[IMG]

Top Bottom