What's new

Homelike Colibri

Anyone see this new razor from Homelike Shaving? Looks like they too the CAPT (aka START) razor and improved upon it. Plate gaps are a little more agressive for each “level,” knurling was added to the handle which appears to be a little longer than the START and the head design actually looks a little slimmer. Were i not on a sabbatical i’d consider picking one up since i think it addressed the minor issues the START razor had. Whether it looks better? Not sure but it’s still a good looking razor!

Attachments

• 01343813-6D37-47D6-91BA-09E93B56960D.png
    01343813-6D37-47D6-91BA-09E93B56960D.png
    277.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 277D9B7E-9701-4E93-9DFC-A0D7CBA05D96.png
    277D9B7E-9701-4E93-9DFC-A0D7CBA05D96.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 135
Definitely a slimmer profile. Not sure if that makes it a better razor than the Start, or not, but it looks nice. Price is fair, too.

Yeah i think i like the head design better. And the knurling is more practical (albeit less appealing aesthetically in my opinion) than the START handle.

I have the Colibri but I cannot compare it to the Start. The shave is incredibly smooth and you barely feel the blade. Balance is perfect and the knurling is very grippy. I love it. I have the 0.8mm plate (the 1.1mm plate was out of stock) but personally the 0.8mm is perfect for me as I shave every day.

I have the Colibri but I cannot compare it to the Start. The shave is incredibly smooth and you barely feel the blade. Balance is perfect and the knurling is very grippy. I love it. I have the 0.8mm plate (the 1.1mm plate was out of stock) but personally the 0.8mm is perfect for me as I shave every day.
Can you describe the stimulation and efficiency of 0.8mm plate?

Can you describe the stimulation and efficiency of 0.8mm plate?

The 0.8mm plate gives a very mild shave. Although the blade gap sounds relatively large compared to other razors, there is no sensation of the blade (or very little sensation) and this leads me to believe that the blade exposure is not very large. As I mentioned previously, the shave is incredibly smooth and very mild. I would have bought this razor with the 1.1mm plate but it was out of stock at the time and I will certainly purchase the 1.1mm plate when it is available. I prefer a milder shave but I think I would have a more efficient shave with less passes if I was using the 1.1mm plate.

Don't get me wrong, I am getting some of the best ever shaves with this razor and it is very comfortable but I think the 1.1mm plate would work better for me.

You should be aware that there is a substantial blade overhang at the ends of the razor. This has never caused me any issues as once you are aware of it, you make sure that you are careful around your nose and ears.

The 0.8mm plate gives a very mild shave. Although the blade gap sounds relatively large compared to other razors, there is no sensation of the blade (or very little sensation) and this leads me to believe that the blade exposure is not very large. As I mentioned previously, the shave is incredibly smooth and very mild. I would have bought this razor with the 1.1mm plate but it was out of stock at the time and I will certainly purchase the 1.1mm plate when it is available. I prefer a milder shave but I think I would have a more efficient shave with less passes if I was using the 1.1mm plate.

Don't get me wrong, I am getting some of the best ever shaves with this razor and it is very comfortable but I think the 1.1mm plate would work better for me.

You should be aware that there is a substantial blade overhang at the ends of the razor. This has never caused me any issues as once you are aware of it, you make sure that you are careful around your nose and ears.
Thank you for your answer. I also think 1.1mm plate is suitable for me. However, the bare blades at both ends affect the appearance.

Top Bottom