What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

So this is a pic heavy post, this is a Christmas haul combined with December and January Scores.

Here are the samples that came in over the last month.

View attachment 1206526

Here are some blades and misc items from the last month or so, I was surprised to find out that there are still retailers on Amazon that sell vintage blades, I was able to pick up the Personna 74/15 pack for around $30 shipped.
View attachment 1206529

Here's the Soap haul, this includes, Christmas and Black Friday purchases.
View attachment 1206531

Here are the Aftershave and Balm purchases from the last 2 months.

View attachment 1206532

Here are the injector purchases from the last 2 months. The Adjustable is a very clean version that I found on Etsy and the Grip is from eBay and equally clean.
View attachment 1206533

The last picture contains big purchases from the past 2 months. The Rex Ambassador, Rockwell Model T, The Supply Co. Adjustable, The Vikings Blade Emperor "Meiji" edition, Parker Variant (Graphite) And the holy grail to me, The Gillette Super 109 R4- I have been trying to find this particular razor for a few years now as it is my birth year and quarter (November 1971)
View attachment 1206534
Wow. That's an entire shave den in couple months! This year is gonna be fun one trying all those gears.

Are they available in North America?

The Occam's Razor O.R.E.N is available in North America.
The Homelike Shaving Colibri is a Russian razor. Delivery to Ireland took 5 weeks but I think it takes longer in the USA. From what I have read on this forum, the longer delivery time is due to the handling of the postal service and the parcels seem to take a very long detour before being delivered - but as far as I know, they all get delivered eventually.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Occam's Razor O.R.E.N is available in North America.
The Homelike Shaving Colibri is a Russian razor. Delivery to Ireland took 5 weeks but I think it takes longer in the USA. From what I have read on this forum, the longer delivery time is due to the handling of the postal service and the parcels seem to take a very long detour before being delivered - but as far as I know, they all get delivered eventually.
GRMA

Muhle Rytmo "pure" 👍🏼
_20210111_113713.JPG

View attachment 1207250
My mail call today. First synthetic brush for me. 24mm knot from the Stirling “scratch and dent” section but honestly I can’t see anything wrong with it. It will also be interesting to see if their coffee is any good
Nice! India has been one of my favorites from Stirling so far so I think you'll like it. How's the scent on the Spice? I'm interested but I wonder if it's too spicy or will react to my skin.

Nice! India has been one of my favorites from Stirling so far so I think you'll like it. How's the scent on the Spice? I'm interested but I wonder if it's too spicy or will react to my skin.
Good to know on the coffee. The Stirling spice is a nice well rounded spice scent to my nose. It’s supposed to be Stirling’s version of the old Stulton (not sure the spelling there) old spice scent. Personally I haven’t noticed getting any irritation or reactions from using a previously ordered sample. So at least try a sample size before going whole hog

A few new items arrived today!

RazoRock 24mm Barrel Silvertip Badger Brush
Semogue Torga-C5 Premium Boar Shaving Brush
Cella Bio Organic Shave Soap
Tcheon Fung Sing Rasozero Artisan Shaving Soap - Barbacco
Vi-John Shaving Cream - Classic

View attachment 1207187

View attachment 1207188
Huh. I had my Razorock Barrel soaking for a few minutes now for my shave just before I read this.. excellent brush for the $$$ IMO.

I recently received 3 clubman styptic pencils from Amazon, one is in my shave den tray, and the others in reserve in a sink drawer.

Thursday Amazon will deliver a bottle of Pinaud Bay Rhum to rotate with my current bottle of Clubman.

And between 27 Jan / 5 Feb USPS will deliver a package with 28 tucks of assorted blades. I can't wait to try some of the blades I haven't used before.

Top Bottom