What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

As per the updated info last week, my Wolfman was supposed to deliver yesterday. Surprise surprise. Its in USPS hell once more. Its on the way to the next destination. Whatever that means right now. It will show up eventually. But it is so sucky what the USPS is doing to people. Missed holiday gifts, paychecks, all sorts of stuff much more important than razors.
Really sorry to hear of your delay, I know that is miserable

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
shave 20210107.jpg

:cool:

Handle: WRH7 (90mm (Regular) Solid)

Not sure if this is the right configuration for me and asking for all your experts' opinions so I can tweak my order if need be.

WRH7 is one of the sexiest handles ever conceived....

But I would recommend the larger WRH7...98mm...it just has better balance and grip
for my hand (which is of average size). And if you want it 30 sms lighter, order it in hollow.
Well worth the CAD30 upcharge.

Also, if you're looking for a carefree finish that will take daily abuse with a smile, I would say go
for basic matt. Wolfman's polished goods need a fair bit of care.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Well, that was one heck of a shave. My face was BBS after one pass. My neck is quite challenging, and took the full three passes, but the results were super good. There is a very noticeable difference between 1.15 and 1.25. Not quite as much as going Charcoal Goods Level 2 to Level 3, but almost. Still very smooth with a bit more blade feel than the 1.15. Had a couple of micro weepers along the way, which went away before I put on the splash. Surprisingly little sting from the splash as well. Used a Perma-Sharp and the same 42 software as my last 1.15 shave Wednesday. The Darwin handle is awesome. Feels great in the hand, and nice weight. I was not disappointed at all with this first shave on the 1.25!

10D753CD-69F2-4EFE-8B85-8318B537E3F4.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Well, that was one heck of a shave. My face was BBS after one pass. My neck is quite challenging, and took the full three passes, but the results were super good. There is a very noticeable difference between 1.15 and 1.25. Not quite as much as going Charcoal Goods Level 2 to Level 3, but almost. Still very smooth with a bit more blade feel than the 1.15. Had a couple of micro weepers along the way, which went away before I put on the splash. Surprisingly little sting from the splash as well. Used a Perma-Sharp and the same 42 software as my last 1.15 shave Wednesday. The Darwin handle is awesome. Feels great in the hand, and nice weight. I was not disappointed at all with this first shave on the 1.25!

View attachment 1205872
Awesome report, Brad! Congrats!

WRH7 is one of the sexiest handles ever conceived....

But I would recommend the larger WRH7...98mm...it just has better balance and grip
for my hand (which is of average size). And if you want it 30 sms lighter, order it in hollow.
Well worth the CAD30 upcharge.

Also, if you're looking for a carefree finish that will take daily abuse with a smile, I would say go
for basic matt. Wolfman's polished goods need a fair bit of care.

Agreed on the polish. It’s so shiny and smooth that scratches will show up easily. If that sort of thing bothers you definitely get the matte finish. For me though I don’t care that much if a few scratches show up. The polish is the first thing that you see when you open the razor though. I can’t imagine what the up charge polish looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

Agreed on the polish. It’s so shiny and smooth that scratches will show up easily. If that sort of thing bothers you definitely get the matte finish. For me though I don’t care that much if a few scratches show up. The polish is the first thing that you see when you open the razor though. I can’t imagine what the up charge polish looks like.

Looks like ...
1610156260528.gif

I can’t imagine what the up charge polish looks like.

Stunning....visibly better than basic polish (which although very good, looks a bit tacky to my eyes)

But some swear basic is good enough for them...I use a basic polish handle but I also have the
mirror polish and the latter is way more sophisticated.

Hello gents,
I have perhaps a silly question. The prices shown on the Wolfman website, are those prices in CAD or USD?

Eureka!

Milestone shave today. Five-day growth. I normally shave every other day but not uncommon to shave every three to five days, these days. The shave on Monday (three-pass, two-day growth) was great, only minor irritation.

Anyway, today was even better, with even less irritation in neck area, gone after 20 minutes. Buttery smooth shave, the 1.25 just melted the growth.

The 1.25 is a very light touch (with 80mm solid handle). The trick for me was to ride/lead with the cap and the moment the blade catches the beard, that’s the angle.

Just amazing. I think the only thing I would change is upgrading to a 90mm handle. I love the 80mm Solid, but just a bit longer would be it. I will need to look into the 90mm. [emoji4]

I assume my next regular shave on Monday should be the same experience. If so, officially my #1 razor. Amazing!

DW

Hannah's Dad

Eureka!

Milestone shave today. Five-day growth. I normally shave every other day but not uncommon to shave every three to five days, these days. The shave on Monday (three-pass, two-day growth) was great, only minor irritation.

Anyway, today was even better, with even less irritation in neck area, gone after 20 minutes. Buttery smooth shave, the 1.25 just melted the growth.

The 1.25 is a very light touch (with 80mm solid handle). The trick for me was to ride/lead with the cap and the moment the blade catches the beard, that’s the angle.

Just amazing. I think the only thing I would change is upgrading to a 90mm handle. I love the 80mm Solid, but just a bit longer would be it. I will need to look into the 90mm. [emoji4]

I assume my next regular shave on Monday should be the same experience. If so, officially my #1 razor. Amazing!

DW

Do you have any other longer modern handles (like a Blackbird)?

Top Bottom