What's new

Lupo stainless?

Good for you, if you find it a little to aggressive? just order the .72 base plate or vise versa for the .95 users on the next batch offering. They must think the .95 bottom plate is a good one . Some folks like a little more aggression because of coarse beard types and the .95 is a little more aggressive possibly.

I already had the GC .84 JAWS and OC and had the impression that both are not efficient enough. Maybe this was due to my technique. I cannot test my technique now because I sold all my GC plates and I had all. So I hope that Lupo .95 will do it

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I already had the GC .84 JAWS and OC and had the impression that both are not efficient enough. Maybe this was due to my technique. I cannot test my technique now because I sold all my GC plates and I had all. So I hope that Lupo .95 will do it
What I like to do when testing a new razor is a 2 pass shave only with no pickups. I do my feel test with my hand and I can tell right away the razor efficentcy because I have over 40 razor rotation to gauge a new one. Then I just finish up my touch ups and done, maybe repeat 2 or 3 times will clue me in. Seems to work well for me and a very accurate assessment of the razor.

I've got two dual comb razors, an older Fendrihan and the Ikon SBS. I realized that when I shave with an OC, I like to use the OC exclusively. When I shave with a SB, I stick with that.
To each his own, I guess. I have three dual comb razors. I really like them.
My take on what emwolf was saying is that he only uses one side of the DC in a given shave. I don't think this is necessarily a value judgment. The SS Lupo will be my first DC so I'm not sure if you mix it up during the shave or sort of treat each side as a SE, which would be fine. Probably individual preference but perhaps that is expecting too much of a home run to figure: on the first pass use the OC on the second the SB...

What I like to do when testing a new razor is a 2 pass shave only with no pickups. I do my feel test with my hand and I can tell right away the razor efficentcy because I have over 40 razor rotation to gauge a new one. Then I just finish up my touch ups and done, maybe repeat 2 or 3 times will clue me in. Seems to work well for me and a very accurate assessment of the razor.

I sold many razors before really understanding their geometry and use. My beard grows in all directions and I also tried 4 passes even with aggressive razors or a Gillette adjustable at 9. Now my technique is more or less settled and I can see after a week whether a razors works for me or not. If the Lupo .95 will be too much for me I will start again with GC. I like the tolerances of the razorock family of razors.

I'm happy that I ordered the .95 Lupo. Now both are sold out. This was fast! Obviously the market appreciates high quality products at a reasonable price! Thanks IB!
The .95 baseplate is still available, although I guess without a top cap it won’t be much use.

My take on what emwolf was saying is that he only uses one side of the DC in a given shave. I don't think this is necessarily a value judgment. The SS Lupo will be my first DC so I'm not sure if you mix it up during the shave or sort of treat each side as a SE, which would be fine. Probably individual preference but perhaps that is expecting too much of a home run to figure: on the first pass use the OC on the second the SB...
Oh, ok. I get it now. When I use a dual comb I use both sides throughout the shave as if it were not a dual comb. Just shave until one side is filled up with lather, then turn it over and shave till that is filled up, then rinse and repeat.

Oh, ok. I get it now. When I use a dual comb I use both sides throughout the shave as if it were not a dual comb. Just shave until one side is filled up with lather, then turn it over and shave till that is filled up, then rinse and repeat.
I use one for 3-4 days growth. A first pass OC, second pass SB.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

precisely!

IB web page on this razor says that if you buy baseplate only you must have a cap from another Lupo. Does this include the aluminum Lupo?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
IB web page on this razor says that if you buy baseplate only you must have a cap from another Lupo. Does this include the aluminum Lupo?
Interesting question, You could contact IB on Monday to see if that will work. Personally it would look odd IMO but it should work if the top cap blade locaters are machined to the same tolerances to the 2nd generation top cap.

Top Bottom